Sunday 29 November 2020

A week in pictures

 A strange week, a bit of lockdown lethargy in some ways. So here’s what happened in pics:-


 













A beautiful, but unwanted visitor in our garden. We allowed the Sparrowhawk to sit there while we took this photo, then I did a little ‘arm waving’ dance by the patio doors to scare him off. I don’t want any of my little birds being his lunch. He’ll have to eat out somewhere else.

I made a start on my Christmas cards. A couple of stamped ones and then some topper ones with extra embellishments. 

A bit of an accident with my finger tips. Inadvertently put them on the hob which had only just been turned off! Fortunately I only have a very slight blister left on one finger (thanks to holding them under cold water for what seemed AGES! and cling filming them after), which is going down nicely and I’m making sure the skin is being moisturised regularly. The downside was that it was on my dominant hand, so left hand was in use for a couple of days.

Karma had the devil in her several times this week. It was quite windy, so I’ve blamed that. She jumped up on to the narrow mantelpiece several times and then tried chasing her tail while she was up there! 

Further cardmaking resumed in small doses, once fingers were no longer sore. Still have more to do, but will be playing around with more stamps this week hopefully. 

Cuddles with Bumble a few times this week. My daughter’s partner has been working away in South Africa for a while, so we’re her support bubble.....and Bumble’s! 

Tier 2 for us on Wednesday, not that life will be much different to lockdown really. I am grateful that the golf course will be open though, haha. It’ll get hubby out from under my feet for a few hours and give him a much needed break from me too, I expect! 

So that’s it, all caught up! I must also catch up on reading blogs in the next few days to see what you lovely people have been up to. So cheerio for now, Ann x













8 comments:

  1. I was just thinking how Bumble is a great size for a cuddle :)
    Your cards are lovely and I'm glad you managed to finish them before burning your fingers - Ouch! I hope they heal quickly.
    Mog has been wicked this week as well, and I expect she will continue to be as she's now on a diet. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, Jules, although if she decides to sit on you, that’s a different matter, haha. My fingers much better now, thanks. Oh dear, poor Mog, she won’t be happy! X

      Delete
  2. Ouch, I hope your fingers heal quickly. Your cards are lovely and quite varied. Pets are so funny, they do the strangest things.....if only they could explain WHY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers are feeling much better now, thank you. :)
      I can tell as soon as I look at Karma’s face, that she is in ‘one of those pesky moods’, haha! It’s normally when she comes in from outside too :)

      Delete
  3. Aaaargh! Sparrowhawks! He/she visits my garden every day. My 2 male blackbirds were the recent victims - as were many fledglings in the summer. I hate them, but they have to eat too. To deter them means I have to stop feeding the other birds. Your cards are lovely as is Bumble! I hope your fingers are feeling better - burns are very painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t see our sparrowhawk that often, but I do know that some of my neighbours sees him more. Thankfully there is a huge buddleia bush just beyond our fence and all the small birds hang out there in safety while he’s about.
      My fingers are much better now, thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Bumble looks like she is enjoying the cuddles as much as the cuddler. The cards look lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, she does enjoy her cuddles! :)

      Delete