Sunday 8 November 2020

A visitor in the house........

 I had internet problems yesterday, so it’s late again.

For those of you who don’t watch Great British Bake Off, it’s hosted by Matt Lucas, a little chubby bald guy and Noel Fielding, lots of hair and a penchant for huge jumper. 

Yesterday, it was our son and his girlfriend’s turn to do their cheesecakes. The kitchen was taken over first by our son and as he was just starting using his culinary skills, I remembered I had a dark wig in the fancy dress box. That, along with my ancient, very long, gardening jumper and some bristles painted on with mascara, turned me into Noel Fielding......sort off! Hubby and son’s girlfriend thought it was really funny, our son? not so much, especially when I was trying to interview him about his cheesecake base, haha! This is the real Noel Fielding.......


and are local Noel Fielding........


Post interview, I raced upstairs to get back to being me. I was bloomin’ baking ( sorry for the pun!) in the big jumper and wig. Also, I didn’t want to keep the mascara ‘bristles’ on my face any longer than I had to. Thankfully, a normal Ann, came down the stairs minutes later. 

Anyway, cheesecakes are in the fridge and we will be judging tonight. My daughter and her partner are making their Millionaires Shortcake today, so she will drive over to ours later ( a 5 min journey) to swap the samples over, on our doorstep of course. We’ve also got two independent judges (neighbours) who jumped at the chance of sampling everything. Photos of cheesecakes and millionaires shortcake will hopefully be on tonight’s post. Hubby and I are baking tomorrow.

Other than the Bake Off excitement, it was a normal quiet Sunday for me. I did roast pork for lunch and made an apple crumble for Sunday tea. Hope you all had a lovely weekend, cheerio for now, Ann x

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant, well done for really getting into the swing of Bake Off. Matts weight certainly fluctuates but he has been bald since he was 6, after a childhood accident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t realise it was an accident, that caused his alopecia, how sad x

      Delete
  2. What a fun way to keep the winter gloom at bay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a laugh, although I was a bit worried I wouldn’t get the waterproof mascara off my face, haha!

      Delete