Friday 13 November 2020

Getting started on Christmas

 


Well, I started writing my Christmas cards this afternoon, after saying for a couple of days about getting round to it! I get my shop bought cards written and out of the way, so that I have plenty of time to enjoy making my special family and friends ones. Too many times have I left myself short of time and then I’ve felt so stressed. So this year I will enjoy myself. I do love writing Christmas cards, stamping a ‘Merry Christmas ’ on the front of the envelope and using a festive sticker for an envelope seal. The silver A4 notebook is my sending list, each entry is duly ticked off once I’ve written the card. I’ve stopped now for the day, but will resume tomorrow morning. 

I’m now going to curl up in my chair and relax. I’m aching slightly from the PE with Joe Wicks workout this morning. It was the finish to his 24 hour workout for Children in Need and unsurprisingly, he looked absolutely worn out! But through donations etc. during his workout, he raised a whopping £2.1m! So well done Joe! 

Apart from Christmas card writing, I’m not sure what else I’m up to tomorrow. Bad weather is coming in later I think, so I might have to hunker down. So until then, cheerio for now, Ann x

7 comments:

  1. I really need to start my cards as well. Thanks for giving me the incentive.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the work out, he did really well. I lost my address book last year and its been awful trying to get hold of people's details. But each year the post list dwindles and the card list generally as people decide they don't want cards and will give to charity instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several of my friends don’t give anymore and give to charity, but Christmas wouldn’t be quite the same for me if I didn’t take the time to write a little message on a card and send a bit of good cheer to my friends and family. I normally do a little trolley full of goodies for the local food bank at the beginning of December, so that’s my bit of Christmas charity :)

      Delete
  3. How on earth did Joe Wicks have the energy to even stand up on the Children in Need programme last night! What an achievement.
    I've got a card/present list too and plenty of cards but writing them is my least favourite part and it tends to get put off until I have to do it in a rush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he’s amazing, but I bet he’s feeling it today! The adrenaline probably helped him through yesterday.

      Delete
  4. You seem very organised. I really should start making some lists very soon. X

    ReplyDelete