Saturday 21 November 2020

The last couple of days

 The last couple of days have flown by for some reason, I’ve no idea why. Even my husband said yesterday, he couldn’t believe it was Friday already. Anyway, back to Thursday, I got stuck into the ironing (ironing tv of choice was Midsomer Murders....again) and awaited the Dart Fresh food delivery. Although they give a 7am-3pm window, it normally arrives about 11.15ish. Not this week, he arrived at 12.45, looking a bit frazzled. They’re very busy at the moment, which is good for the company, being local. But not so good for the delivery man, especially with all the roadworks/diversions that seem to be popping up all around Exeter at the moment. 

So I quickly put away the shopping, made myself a coffee and devoured my long awaited Eccles cake that came with the delivery. Mmm, delicious! Now, I would normally have gone straight to Greendale farm shop after that, but while I was scoffing my cake, my daughter asked if I’d like to meet her for a short dog walk. Best laid plans and all that! So I arranged to meet her at another farm shop where they have some nice walks around their fields, not far from Greendale farm shop where I do my shopping. It’s all very complicated! But it was lovely to see my daughter for a chat and give Bumble lots of fuss in nice weather and surroundings.


I love the shape of these clouds


Leeks growing nicely 


Bumble surveying the leftover pumpkins. Normally there wouldn’t be many left after Hallowe’en




Back home after Greendale, it was preparing the evening meal and tidying the place up. No baking this week, so far, as there is still ginger cake left. I spent the evening catching up with my Mum, my Stepmum and looking at my Christmas craft stash. 

Yesterday, I got my Joe Wicks workout under my belt, nice and early. I got the few chores on my list out of the way and popped over to my daughter’s to deliver an Ethernet cable to her. She is working from home for the next seven days or so and her work computer can’t work from WiFi, so she needed a very long cable to plug in her computer (in her dining room) to her router (in her hallway). Life is never simple, is it! A quick hello to Bumble, who couldn’t understand why I wasn’t staying to cuddle her and I was back home, to do what I had planned for the afternoon.....making Christmas cards. With a short break, for fish and chips, I carried on into the evening. I’ve only done 5 so far, a mixture of stamped cards and ones using toppers. I shall do some more today and some next week, so I’ll put photos on another time. 

If it stays dry today, I also want to trim back the remaining plants in the front garden, so it’s tidy for the winter. The little bit of garden between us and our next door neighbours is still in bloom with Busy Lizzies, so I’ll leave that for a while. It’s lovely to still have lots of colour there. 

So that’s my plans for the day. Hubby and Son will be about, but his girlfriend has to work, so she will be beavering away upstairs in the office. Hope you all have a good Saturday, cheerio for now, Ann x

4 comments:

  1. You are busy (just like your Busy Lizzies!). Good that you have such nice weather for walks. The weather here has turned very cold and we are going into lockdown (again!) next Monday so won't be out much at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently we’re expecting the temperatures to go down a bit here soon. But being in the south west of England, it’ll still be relatively mild. If we’re going to get minus figures, it’s normally in January/February time.
      We’re in a lockdown at the moment, although not as strict as the first one. It’s meant to end on 2/12, but who knows!

      Delete
  2. You are busy. Wow, that's a great many pumpkins left in that field.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame that there are so many pumpkins left over this year. I’m not sure what will happen to them. Hopefully they will put them to good use :)

      Delete