Saturday 7 November 2020

Oscar

 






I realised last night, as I was about to drop off to the land of nod, that I had not posted on Thursday or indeed yesterday! Naughty me, although I did say I’d TRY and post a photo every day. 

So here’s a bit of a catch up, Thursday was food delivery day from a local supplier. He came a bit earlier than normal, I guess there were not so many wholesale deliveries (which they do first). Then it was a quick jaunt to my usual farm shop, to get the other bits and pieces that I can’t get delivered. It was lovely and quiet there. Such a contrast to last week when it was half term. I parked up near to Oscar, pictured above. He’s been there for quite some time and always comes over to investigate who has parked up by him. There have been times when I’ve seen him racing around his large enclosure, his gorgeous feathers doing a bit of a shimmer! 

The rest of Thursday was spent cooking, cleaning, ironing and the final declutter of the dining room. It now looks quite spacious, particularly as we’ve put the dining table back to normal size. We don’t need it extended all the time. 

There was no Blue Cross baking, as I’m not allowed to volunteer again until lockdown is over. So unless my daughter can pop by on her way to work ( which is unlikely) they will have to do without for the time being. 

On to yesterday, when I had a bit of a lie-in, as hubby got up to feed and give insulin to Karma. But I didn’t lounge around too long, I had a PE with Joe workout to do! I followed this up with an hour of gardening. I really needed to clear a lot of the old vegetation and get the garden spicy and span for the winter. We have had a few lovely days, after so much rain, but the ground was still very heavy. So I’ve cleared quite a bit, leaving the earth open to hopefully dry out a bit. I really want to dig up some old plants, turn the soil over, scatter wildflower seeds and put a fleece over it. The fleece to keep the ground a little warmer, but also to stop Karma from thinking I’ve just prepared a lovely ‘loo area’ for her! 

Friday is fish and chip shop night, therefore no evening meal prep, so I made a batch of scones. I’ve got to get my baking fix and a pot of clotted cream might have found its way into my basket at the farm shop, hee, hee! 

After our fish  and chips, the table was cleared and we (me, hubby, son and his girlfriend) played cards and later had a giggle watching Celebrity Gogglebox. A lovely relaxing evening! Hubby is working away today, so I’m hoping to have a quiet day today, pottering and watching some sport, well that is the plan anyway. I’ll let you know if that happens tonight when I remember to post! Cheerio for now, Ann x

4 comments:

  1. I'm feeling a bit sorry for Oscar. all alone in his enclosure. Awwww!
    Don't tell him, but our village Farm Shop sells (shhhhh) Ostrich steaks (I swear I haven't bought any . . . )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did try to introduce a mate, but it didn’t work out, so they think he’s happier on his own. He seems to like his visitors, but I wouldn’t trust that beak! Yes, the meat of said bird is very low in fat, isn’t it (she whispers!)

      Delete
  2. Oscar looks like he needs a friend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have tried, but he didn’t take to his new mate. Perhaps he’s just a loner, but he does seem to like his human visitors :)

      Delete