Sunday 15 November 2020

All done!

 



Just popping into say hello. I didn’t post yesterday as, to be quite honest, very little happened. I spent a lot of time at my dining room table writing Christmas cards and also feeding the family! The weather was diabolical, so I was happy to get on with things. 

Today, I finished writing the cards, well the shop bought ones. Everything is packed way in my storage container until the beginning of December when I’ll post them. Hubby has a few to write, but it’s far to early for him to get his head around Christmas cards, haha. 

I popped up to the top of the garden to feed the birds and realised that the black garden membrane that the feeding station sits on, was really disgusting and smelly from the residue of seeds etc. So the feeding station was moved, the membrane taken up, fresh put down and feeding station put back in place. All the time the black clouds were rolling in and I could feel the birds watching my every move. By the time I was making my way down the path, the sparrows and blue tits were already snacking. 

The garden is looking pretty awful at the moment with all the rain we’ve had, but our ornamental cherry tree is lovely in its autumnal hues. It won’t be long before the leaves have all dropped, but it’s not all bad news, as the tree flowers twice a year. There are buds already forming for a bit of winter blooms. 

I made a huge chilli and rice for our evening meal, which was eagerly devoured and I’m now going curl up to read some magazines. Hope you have all had as nice a weekend that lockdown allows. Cheerio for now, Ann x



6 comments:

  1. Well done on getting some of your cards written. I've got a couple of ideas for the Christmas cards this year, I did get a rough design down on paper but that's as far as it went, my heart's not really in it right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth is, I’ve probably got too many unused Christmas stamps and papers. So I might do a ‘lucky dip’ with the stamps and then choose the appropriate papers. You have so much on your plate at the moment, Sooze, I’m not surprised you’re not feeling in the festive mood x

      Delete
  2. It was chilli and rice here last night as well :)
    I find my garden is usually just a dirty mess at this time of year. The only time I venture out there is to replace the bird seed and fat balls. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I desperately want to clear the wildflower bed, put new seed down and then fleece it for the winter. Also I could with dividing my rhubarb too. All I need is 3/4 dry days to dry out our very clay soil :))

      Delete
  3. I will probably get some of my cards done today. I don't really send out very many.

    You had a lovely and relaxing weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m probably sending more this year than last. At the beginning of the pandemic, hubby set up a WhatsApp group for our road (so we could all help each other other etc) and due to this, we got to know most of the road very well. It’s become quite a close community now :)

    ReplyDelete