Saturday 7 November 2020

Lockdown Bake Off

 


Our daughter rang late last night with a challenge to the household, or rather each couple. Our son and his girlfriend are to bake a New York Cheesecake each and we will judge them. Our daughter and her partner are going to bake Millionaires Shortcake, which I think, all four of us here are going to judge. (She will have to drop some over to us enroute to work or on the way home) Hubby and I are baking a Swiss Roll each. It’s years since I made one of those and I don’t think hubby has ever baked one! So it’s going to be very interesting and perhaps a little stressful, particularly when there are others in MY kitchen. But it’s also going to be a bit of fun and something a bit different. I’m not sure if there’s a round two, but I have to get through round one first. The first bake is the New York cheesecake, taking place tomorrow, so watch this space for an update! 

In other news today, I’ve done some Christmas shopping online from a Cornish craftsperson, https://www.cornishfusedglassbykirstynsmith.com/  and I’m really looking forward to receiving the goodies in the post. There’s a virtual craft market I’ll be going to soon, so perhaps I’ll be supporting another small business and it’s a good feeling. 

Now, I’m going to settle down to watch an episode of Midsomer Murders and wait for hubby to get home. Thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x

6 comments:

  1. I love the fused glass it beautiful. Good luck with the bake off, getting to be judge too is even better, tasting all those yummy things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn’t it! I’m really looking forward to judging the other bakes :)

      Delete
  2. Your bake off sounds like a lot of fun and you get to enjoy the results. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a bit weird letting others loose in my kitchen and not be allowed in there, but looking forward to the judging :)

      Delete
  3. Your Bake Off sounds like loads of fun. Enjoy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Jackie, just hope my Swiss roll doesn’t crack! :)

      Delete