Monday 16 November 2020

A busy bee

 


It’s been a lovely, if busy old day! It’s started with a Wake Up with Joe (Wicks) workout and a quick shower before driving over to my brother in law’s to deliver his birthday present. We had a chat on the doorstep about this and that. He had to retire early on health grounds and spends a lot of his time on his allotment. We gave him money for his birthday, which he has earmarked for an apricot tree. 

Once home, I baked a white loaf, washing the dishes and feeding the washing machine while the dough was proving and then baking. A quick bite to eat for lunch and then a ginger cake was mixed and in the oven! More dishes and washing. 

I was just sat down ticking off my chores from my to do list, feeling quite smug, when I suddenly realised the time. I hadn’t started our evening meal and as our son has a weird shift this week (11.30am-8pm), he has his ‘lunch’ not long before we have our evening meal. I try to do meals that can be warmed up if necessary when there are funny shifts. (His girlfriend’s shift this week is 12pm-9pm!)
Fortunately I was only doing Chicken Pesto pasta, so didn’t take long to prepare and cook. 

This evening I have trawled the internet for slow cooker recipes on my iPad and put several in my favourites folder. I’ve got a few recipe books to look at too, at some point. The rest of the evening I shall just relax with a couple of a Good Housekeeping mags. Once they’re read, they’ll make their way up the road to my friend and then on to her sister, so they’re well read. Tomorrow I’m meeting my friend in the morning at Haldon Forest for a socially distanced dog walk , so fingers crossed for decent weather! Thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x

6 comments:

  1. I haven't bought any magazines for years, although I do like flicking through them. When my lovely mum used to come stay with us, she always brought a pile of mags and left them here for me. Thanks for bringing up that memory, Ann. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, glad it was a lovely memory of your dear mum. I only pay for one subscription for me (Prima) and one for hubby (Golf Monthly as,part of his Christmas present). But at the moment I have subscriptions for Country Living and the Simple Things courtesy of Tesco vouchers. They are worth almost 3 times the face value if you opt to spend them on mags.

      Delete
  2. My father in law saves his gardening magazines for me and then I leave them outside for people to take and read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s nice that they get lots of reads out of them, isn’t it!

      Delete
  3. I haven't bought magazines in years. Well, that isn't quite true I do buy the occasional knitting mag.

    Those certainly are very different shifts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m afraid magazines are a bit of weakness of mine! But I do get a lot out of the ones I read, recipes, knitting patterns and craft/garden ideas.

      Thankfully, their shifts are more normal next week. :)

      Delete