Monday 9 November 2020

Bake Off 1 and 2

 Evening everyone! I’ve eaten so much cheesecake and millionaires shortcake, I can barely move!




Firstly the New York cheesecake. They both turned out very well and were absolutely delicious. They were judged out of 5 for appearance and out of 10 for taste by 6 of us (me, hubby, daughter, her partner and two independent judges down the road) Our son scored 73 and his girlfriend 76.5, so she is Star Baker  on round one. We had a lot of cheesecake left, so various neighbours have been grateful recipients and dear son is licking his wounds after losing, haha.





Now the Millionaires Shortcake. Our daughter had to drive over to us to swap cheesecake and Millionaires. Bumble came along too for a visit. As we stood outside in the road, she couldn’t understand why she couldn’t go into our house, bless her. But she enjoyed her treat of a carrot nonetheless. The scores for this bake are not all in yet, as the judges down the road haven’t submitted them yet, so you’ll have to wait until tomorrow........the suspense! 

Hubby and I will be baking our Swiss Rolls tomorrow, not a spectacular looking item to bake, perhaps more of a technical one, I really don’t want to crack mine! I’ve got my pinny at the ready, so cheerio for now, Ann x

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious. I bet your Swiss Roll will be perfect.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're all having a lot of fun and everything looks so delicious. I wouldn't be surprised if this became an annual event. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot fun, though surprisingly stressful! Having independent judges is great, although if we do it next year, we’ll have to ask someone else, as they’re moving soon!

      Delete