Wednesday 4 November 2020

Lockdown preparation

 


I was struggling to post a photo today, then I forgot I’d taken this one yesterday (before this morning’s frost!) Despite the awful weather we’ve had recently, we still have colour at the front of the house. This little patch of garden is between us and our next door neighbours, although I look after it. The Busy Lizzies are still doing well and we have a few freebie Antirhinnums (thanks birds!) Hopefully they will last a little longer, despite the fact the frosty mornings have started. 

Our house has been a bit chaotic in the last couple of days. My son’s girlfriend, who is in a bubble with us, has moved in with us for the lockdown. She works for the same company as our son and is working from home. So there has been a lot of moving of furniture, so our spare room which housed one desk, now has two desks and my chaise longue is now in our dining room! A lot of upheaval, but one that will make two young people deal with this lockdown far better. 

And me? I’ll have to get used to three people working from home in our ‘not so big’ house. Hubby is relegated to working from the dining table, so I have to make sure that any noisy chores are not done during video calls and no hoovering upstairs during ‘office hours’! I might just put my feet up for four weeks, haha. 

I escaped for a short time this morning, to nip down to Plymouth, to visit my Mum before lockdown starts. I brought her a good supply of books and several mags to keep her going for a while and we had a good natter over tea cakes and coffee. Then it was back up the A38 to tidy a bit more of the house up. I have to say, I’m ready for my bed this evening. So goodnight and cheerio for now, Ann x

8 comments:

  1. I am glad that you have managed to add another to your bubble for lockdown and that you got to have a natter with your Mom before it started.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They struggled a bit during the last lockdown, so we’re glad this one will be a bit easier for them :)

      Delete
  2. Know how you feel! Son and DIL moved here in September with their pets and she was working from home. Now she has gone to their new home across the country where renovations are ongoing so not an animal friendly zone. So, son and the pets are still here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope their renovations are going on ok, Chris.

      Delete
  3. We are a house of 2 people, so it's quiet here, having the extra person will soon feel normal, well done for allowing them both to be together in these horrible times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it’s just getting used to things, which won’t take long :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you'll have a busy house during this lockdown. Not a lot will change here, it's work and school as usual. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I will! At least it’s made me tidy up a few things that I’ve kept saying “ I’ll sort that out soon” :)

      Delete