Wednesday 2 December 2020

A melancholy day

 Today was the 4th anniversary of my Dad passing away (only 14 weeks after being diagnosed with pancreatic and liver cancer) It’s raw every year, but this year in particular I have been very tearful. Perhaps because it’s been such a crappy year. But Dad wouldn’t have wanted me to be sad, he was nearly always cheerful. A loving dad, who always went out of his way to help his daughter. We had so many laughs! So, today I’m just putting up a few photos of him, happy memories, to boot out the unhappy ones.







Fun at the beach

Dad loved his cars, something I shared with him

My wedding day

Helping us with our garden revamp

His last Father’s Day, about 9 weeks before his diagnosis 

Sorry this  has been so maudling, but weirdly I feel better for posting it. Tomorrow is another day and I’ll be thinking about Christmas trees. This year we have to get an slim artificial one, as our furniture has had to be rearranged, due to three people working from home. Therefore we have no room for a real one, which is a shame.
So tomorrow there’s Christmas trees, food delivery, a new mattress delivery and a routine 3 year mammogram, what an exciting life I lead! Until my next post, cheerio for now, Ann x











13 comments:

  1. Sometimes good to go back and re look at the good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and there were so many lovely memories. :)

      Delete
  2. We lost our middle son unexpectedly 7 years ago. The pain never gets less but it does get easier to bear. At least that what I've found and I hope you will too. Going to make a driftwood tree this year, something I promised myself the minute I knew we'd be moving to the coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so sorry, Ruta. Yes, I think you’re right, it’s just been such a depressing year, that I felt it more. A driftwood tree would be great! Have you had much washed ashore? We have had some humdingers of storms, haven’t we, so hopefully you’ll have found some good bits of wood. :)

      Delete
    2. There's been plenty of small stuff so I've made a 2ft high tree for this year. For a photo check out my blog Ruta's Ramblings.

      Delete
  3. Love you in your wedding dress - your dad looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, those past 27 years have flown by!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful memories of your Dad. Cherish them all. Love the photo's.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, Jackie, I have a wonderful library of them in my mind. :)

      Delete
  5. I think this year has got us all maudlin at some point. It's looking back at the wonderful memories you have of your father that will help. It will be 11 years next month since my father passed and it's gone so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t believe how quick time goes. There’s a lot of wonderful memories, including some hilarious ones, we we still chuckle about now :)

      Delete
  6. I don't think of this as maudlin at all, rather a wonderful tribute to a lovely man. You must miss him terribly. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, Jules, I was very close to him. But because of that, I have lots of very happy memories to draw on if a sad memory pops into my head X

      Delete