Tuesday 30 April 2019

A poorly Karma

Just popping in to say hi! 

Yesterday was filled with ordinary housework and trying to entice our cat, Karma, to eat something, anything. As she’s diabetic, she needs to eat before having her insulin. By her teatime, she wasn’t even wanting tuna or the freshly cooked chicken I had done. After a call to the vet, it was decided no insulin and a 9am appointment this morning. 

So this morning she had her temperature taken, that’s ok, heart with stethoscope, that’s ok, but she has a tender abdomen. Bloods were taken and I had to wait for the results. 

A phone call this lunchtime confirmed she has pancreatitis and the vet said the reading was very high!  So I have some meds to give her and go back in two days time, unless she deteriorates, in which case I’ll take her straight up. Hoping she improves a bit with the meds, as they’ll have to give fluids intravenously if they don’t. 

First dose has been given and Karma actually had her tea, so fingers crossed! What with hubby’s sciatica and Karma’s pancreatitis, it’s not a happy household at the moment. 

I’m having a quiet evening with an overdue perusal of some mags, while the footy is on the tv. Hoping to bring you a more cheerful next post, cheerio for now, Ann x

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear, poor Karma. Pancreatitis is a nasty thing - my MIL's dog had it once and thankfully recovered well but at the time she was very ill with it. Here's hoping Karma will improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, I'm hoping she perks up a bit by the next vet visit.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I hope the meds do the trick and she's soon on the mend. It's a positive sign that she's had something to eat. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, I was glad she ate and more importantly kept it down x

      Delete
  3. I think we worry about our pets' poor health even more than our own. I hope Karma picks up soon. Good that she ate something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze, yes, you're right! I've just her her morning meds and she's not a happy girl!

      Delete
  4. Sorry things are not right in your house Ann and hope everything will be fine soon. It's looks like it's going to be a nice day here, I have a bad attack of hayfever at the moment so no gardening today but at least I have got my crochet to do.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel, physio and vets for them both tomorrow, so hopefully they'll both be a little happier :) hay fever is horrible isn't it! It's very gloomy here, so crochet would be a good choice. I've only been out in the garden to feed the birds and pullsome rhubarb for a crumble.

      Delete
  5. Oh what a shame, I do hope she is feeling a bit better by the time you read this. Poor Karma :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, she is a lot better now, back to her normal self. We had a vets appointment today and he was pleased with her. So no more meds (apart from her insulin!) She's had bloods taken to test her pancreas readings, which we expect to be tons better :)

    ReplyDelete