Sunday 28 April 2019

A quiet few days

Hi folks!

It’s been a quiet few days, really.

 Friday was Blue Cross day. I sat with some lovely cats. Some wanted to play, some were quite nervous, so just quietly read to them. The chocolate cupcakes went down well. In the evening, hubby and I went over to our daughter’s, she cooked us a very nice meal and we met Ernie. He is staying at the Blue Cross, until he finds a new owner. My daughter had him for a sleepover, to give him a break from kennel life and took him back to BX where she works in the morning.

He is adorable.......

Overnight storm Hannah well and truly arrived! 

Saturday, hubby was working. His back is excruciatingly painful with sciatica at the moment. It’s awful to see him struggling with it. Son was hungover, the joys of being young and nights out! I did the normal Saturday shopping. In the afternoon, I went to the last league home game of the season and we (Exeter City) won :)  Hubby’s train wasn’t due in until just after ten and our little station isn’t far but as he’s in pain walking, I said I’d pick him up. First though , I ran him a bath, so he could jump (metaphorically!) into it as soon as he got in and ease some of his pain.

So, it’s earlyish on Sunday morning and the storm has passed. I’ve given Karma her food and insulin, she’s now curled up on my chair. We are having a quiet day today, although our son has work. I shall be feeding the washing machine intermittently, not sure I trust the weather to peg out though. Apart from making meals, I’ll probably be knitting or meal planning and the like.

Hope you enjoy your Sunday, whatever you end up doing, 

Cheerio for now, Ann x

2 comments:

  1. Hello from next door, Dorset. Have just found you, Blue X work sounds interesting especially bringing a dog home for the night. I love Exeter, really must visit again and look round the Cathedral. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah! Dorset is lovely, my brother lives in Swanage. Yes, it's always nice to visit my daughter's little house guests. Exeter is a great place to visit, just be prepared for expensive parking, if you're coming by car!

    ReplyDelete