Friday 12 April 2019

Friday fancies

A normal Friday for me today, which involves baked goods and homeless felines.

I looked through Mary Berry’s Fast Cakes book again for Blue Cross treats. I decided on Iced Queen Cakes, which look like this...........


They’re very grown up little cakes, but mine were a bit more comical. I couldn’t resist the llama and cactus toppers! 




I thought they were ‘ok’. They certainly tasted alright, but I felt the icing was a bit thin. I don’t generally do this sort of icing, so I guess I’ll learn from it. Anyway, they went down well at the rescue centre and that’s all that matters :)

I didn’t get many cuddles today, as the cats were either nervous ( so it’s a quiet chat to them) or they wanted to play. The feather toys were popular today! I also set up some empty pens with bedding etc. This is something I enjoy doing. I try and make the beds and hidey boxes as comfortable and squishy as possible. Often the cats are bewildered or scared, so it’s the least we can do to make their stay as comfortable as possible.

Now to give my own diva puss cat a cuddle and tell her how lucky she is, haha :)
Hope you all have a lovely weekend, cheerio for now, Ann x

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ann, I've just popped over having seen you on my blog....lovely cakes! And yes we're coming down to a place not far from you - Woodbury. You make lovely cards, I hope my skills will improve with practise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Sooze! Woodbury is a lovely quiet place. Some of my stepmum's family live there. When I had a dog, several years ago, we went for some great walk across Woodbury Common x

      Delete