Thursday 18 April 2019

Blooming bargains

So yesterday was my weekly meet up with my friend and we decided as it was the Easter holidays, all our usual haunts would be busy. So we just met up in town for breakfast and a mooch around the shops.
We had breakfast at Comptoir Libanais. It is a Lebanese restaurant and their breakfasts are a bit different which makes a nice change. We did a round of our favourite shops. I bought a couple of linen mix summer dresses from Next, so no more clothing purchases needed for the summer now (she says!)
I had to pop into a supermarket for a few bits and saw a couple of planters which were half price, so I snapped them up!


This one was £4, down from £8. There was no label, but I’m assuming it’s a Ranunculus.


This one was down to £7.50 and has a variety of plants which once they’ve had their season, will be planted in the garden in different places. The planter will then be reused. I need to re-oil my duck, he’s looking very dried out!

Today, I’m just about to leave for the Blue Cross. Earlier volunteering than normal, as Exeter City are home and it’s a 1pm kick off, so I’ve had to juggle things around today. My hubby and son are flying back from their golfing holiday too. They’re due to arrive home around the same time as me. It’s been nice having my own space for a few days, but I have missed them!

Hope you have a lovely Good Friday and the sun is shining for you, thanks for popping by,
cheerio for now, Ann x

4 comments:

  1. What barginacious plant finds!! Today is the hottest day we've had so far here in the East Midlands - in fact I've had to sit inside for a while as my face resembles a big red beetroot! Mustn't complain though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This weather goes from one extreme to the other! It's been glorious for the last couple of days. Long may it last.....until I need the rain for my garden :)

      Delete
  2. Good bargains with the plants.
    I used to work in a charity shop for a lot of years until I moved away. They were good years.
    Hope your husband and son had a good holiday. Have a lovely weekend.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they did, thank you. They returned just at the right time, as the weather was turning to rain.

    ReplyDelete