Saturday 20 April 2019

BBQ Time

Another lovely day. Hubby and I went to Topsham for breakfast and to stock up in the zero waste shop there. I love filling my milk bottles up! There is also a very good butcher, so we bought the bits and pieces needed for our first barbecue of the year.
The walk around Topsham was very slow today, as hubby’s back locked while standing in the check-in queue yesterday, coming back from Spain. He’s now in a lot of pain with sciatica, bless him. But he has a chiropractor appointment at the end of the week, so hopefully, something will be done to help him.
I had to pop over to the supermarket, after Topsham, for finger rolls etc. The whole world and his friend were there, buying huge amounts of food! I whizzed around with my list, drove home to find this little beauty all ready....
 

It was a Mother’s Day present several years ago and I love it. However, my daughter arrived for the barbecue, while I was making two crumbles (an apple one & a rhubarb one) and took advantage of said empty deckchair. But as I was up and down helping with the barbi food, I was content to use our other outdoor chairs. My daughter’s partner arrived and we all ate scrummy food, lamb and mint burgers, old English sausages, cooked by hubby followed by crumble and custard. We were all well and truly full up!

I will occupy the deck chair tomorrow. Hubby has to go to work tomorrow, as does my son. So I will be relaxing and reading, in between feeding the washing machine. 

Here’s hoping we have lovely weather for Easter Sunday, 
Cheerio for now, Ann x

2 comments:

  1. I loved your deck chair Ann and just the right weather for today. I had dinner at my daughters today and then the youngsters decided on a walk which was lovely.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hazel, it is nice and bright! Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete