Tuesday 23 April 2019

All Change Tuesday

I had a lovely Easter Monday. Hubby and I went to see his sister and hubby. We had a great catch-up and some scrummy food, whilst sat out on the patio in the sun. A lovely end to the Easter.

Today, I had an early appointment with the hairdressers. I knew I wanted something different, but wasn’t sure what. I’d had the same style for quite some time (for me!) and have had the blonde colour on it for a very long time. I went grey quite young. But I’m not the same try all over. A silvery grey in the front, changing to darker the further back I go.

After a long discussion with my hairdresser, who I have been with since 1990, we decided I would have a lot chopped off and grow the rest out by regular cuts. I left it to her what style she cut it into. She knows me and my hair well.

So I went from this.........

to this.......







What it will look like when I wash it is another matter, haha! But I’m very happy with it and will be even happier, in time, when all the colour is out and I can see what my natural colour is now!
After pampering myself this morning, it was back to normality of housework, which is still ongoing. There’s threats of rain and thunder here today and tomorrow, so the garden will have a drink! 

Thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x

17 comments:

  1. I love your hair it really is lovely. My hair is very short, gray and very thin.
    We have not had any rain yet but I believe it is coming.
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new "do" looks great! Really suits you. Mine is a bit like your "before" picture - a bit longer though. I'm a natural brunette but have lots of grey (I'm 54) on my temples. I don't colour it - but when I clip it up the grey is really obvious. Time for a good cut I think! Id go really short if I was brave so that all I needed every now and again was a trim with the clippers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're lucky to still have your brunette, albeit with grey temples. I'm 55 now, but my grey started in my 30s! Gone on, be brave . If you don't like it, it'll grow :)

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks lovely. I went grey very early too and used to colour it but as I got older I just let it be natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, I'm looking forward, in time, to seeing what exactly my grey looks like. My roots seem quite variegated.

      Delete
  4. Love your new hair cut.
    My turn on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, it's nice to have your hair done, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Your new style suits you much better. A good hair stylist is a godsend. Keep her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I've being going her so long, she's a friend now too!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann, I started coloring my hair when I was 40 and looking for a job. When I was 62, I decided it was time to see what was under there. (I hated dyeing my hair!). I discovered it was exactly what you have described. (Eleven years later, it is still darker in back). My hair is a bit shorter than yours, and it took 3 months (3 cuts) to grow out. Because it was short and fluffy (and I have a lot of natural curl/wave) it never really looked bad. I'm not crazy about the way I look, but then...I never have been. It is OK. I get compliments, so others must think it is at least OK, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've coloured my hair for years and until I started going grey, different colour browns too. So it will be interesting to see what my natural colour is!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete