Monday 15 April 2019

It’s a bit chilly!

What has happened to the mild spring weather?

On Saturday, I didn’t actually go outside until the afternoon, when I went to watch Exeter City. Crikey! Someone had turned the thermostat down and the wind was bitingly cold!

Sunday, I decided that hubby and I would go out for lunch and then stop off at B&Q for a load of bark for the garden. We went to Greendale Farm shop for lunch. I got out of the car and nearly got blown away! Lunch was delicious, I had roast beef. I picked up a steak and ale pie for my son and some huge slabs of rocky road, for our tea. Later, we filled the boot with sacks of bark for the garden tidy-up.

Hubby and son left our house in the early hours today to fly to Spain for a short golfing holiday. So it’s just me and Karma for a few days. I needed to pop into town quickly this morning and found although sunny, the cold wind was still hanging around. Once home, it was a quick change into my old gardening clothes. The area around my bird feeders were awash with accumulated germinated seeds. It looked a right mess, I can tell you! But easily remedied. Black membrane had been put down with bark on top (& now the weeds from the seed) So I carefully moved feed station out of the way, rolled up the old membrane, bark & weeds and put into a bin liner. Simples! New membrane & bark looks lovely and the feeding station is back in place and fully stocked up.

All this was done under the watchful eye of our robin, sat in the cherry blossom tree, telling me how it should all be done!

After a bit more weeding, I had a more relaxing afternoon, watching a couple of episodes of Vera, while my muscles were letting me know that lugging a few 100litre sacks of bark around, wasn’t a bright thing to do!

Here’s hoping tomorrow might be a bit warmer,
thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x


4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping it warms up soon, I go right off gardening when it's cold. Well done on your clearing up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not keen either, Sue! Fortunately the back garden was a bit sheltered from the wind :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Ann I am pleased you have started a blog, I keep on thinking about it. You have many hobbies which I enjoy.
    I bet you were tired after all that gardening which is another thing I enjoy.

    Have a nice day.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I thought I would give it a go, Hazel. I was afraid no one would read my blog, as it might be a bit boring, but I've had a lot of supportive comments which have been lovely. I was a bit achy after the gardening!

      Delete