Thursday 25 April 2019

A cheats bake

Afternoon all!

Every Friday, I like to take a baked treat up to folks at the Blue Cross. But occasionally, there are times when I’m lacking in just that.........time.

So, I still bake, but have a helping hand, in the form of Wright’s cake mixes. They are a world away from those cardboard box kits and taste lovely. Today, I used this one.......


Just add water and veg oil. You can make a 2lb loaf cake, but I opted to make cupcakes. They come out as good as a ‘from scratch’ bake and I would say they’re between a sponge fairy cake and a muffin consistency.

Then of course, it’s just a bit of fun decoration!

Hopefully, next week I’ll have time for some proper baking and perhaps try a new recipe (I do use the BX peeps as guinea pigs sometimes!)
Off to prep the dinner, so cheerio for now, Ann x

6 comments:

  1. They look delicious. I remember the boxed cake mixes from my childhood- yours look much better than anything that we produced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember them too and if remember rightly you still had to add some ingredients too, so you might as well bake from scratch, haha! They went down well today, so that's all that matters :)

      Delete
  2. Your cakes look delicious Ann I have not heard of those Wrights cake they sound so easy.
    Have a nice weekend Ann and everyelse.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel. Sainsbury's, Morrisons & possibly Waitrose sell them. But they don't all sell the same flavours. Theirs website also has a very good recipe section. I made a nice light fruit cake the other day, using the orange cake mix. Hope you have a nice weekend too :)

      Delete
  3. Always happy to be a Guinea pig! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Lou! I trust you to give me an A or C- !

      Delete