Sunday 21 April 2019

Digging in the heat

Well best laid plans and all that! If you had read yesterday’s post, you will know of my intention to sit in my deckchair, in the sun and read my book.
Hubby goes off to Cardiff and I drop our son into his work. Get home, put some washing on and think, just before I sit in the garden, I’ll just get rid of a few weeds in the left border.......


3 hours later, I’ve cleared just this area! Unfortunately, there wasn’t just the normal weeds. There was a Pieris that I had planted long before we remodelled our garden a few years ago. It was a lovely shrub and I didn’t have the heart to dig it up at the time. But now, it wasn’t doing so well, so today I dug it up. Boy, did it take some digging to get it out too! The other fly in the ointment,  was a Red Campion plant which was getting out of control. I didn’t quite envisage the massive root system! Still, I’m not one to be beaten and eventually this little section of the border is clear of unwanted plants. 

So after showering, I eventually got to sit in my deckchair and eat my tea! The sun was still very hot, even then. 

I’m on the settee now looking through my wildflower seeds and can feel my muscles gradually seizing up. At least I know I’ve done some exercise! No gardening for me tomorrow though. 

Hope you’ve all had a good Easter Sunday, cheerio for now, Ann x

2 comments:

  1. Time certainly flies when gardening, I have been outside most of the day, I brought a garden arch last week so I have been putting it together. I love being in the outside.
    Hope you brought lots of wildflowers, I have a few sweet peas growing and lots of germanium in the greenhouse.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly does Hazel! Yes, I've got plenty of all sorts, hope they all germinate:)

    ReplyDelete