Thursday 2 May 2019

A little bit of crafting

Just before my dad passed away in December 2016, he had Marie Curie nurses to look after him at night, so my stepmum could get some sleep. The following year, I held my first Marie Curie Tea Party. It happened to fall on my Dad’s birthday, which was quite fitting, as he loved a slice of cake!
It was a success and raised a decent amount of money for the Marie Curie charity.

This year will be my 3rd tea party and I’ll need to get my invitations out in the next few weeks. It was my weekly catch-up with my friend and we had a crafting morning, with cake of course! So I quickly whipped up a few cake related  decoupage notecards. Here are the different designs......

I’ve only made 10 so far and I need to make about 25. I think I have some cupcake stamps, so they will be next on my list to do. Some knitting has been going on too. Nothing elaborate, just a few cat blankets for the Blue Cross. I’m using up some of my wool stash, but do enjoy putting some bright colours together.It’s nice to make nice comfy beds for them!

Talking of felines, our own puss cat is feeling a bit better, I think. The meds seem to be working. Mind you, it’s a right ol’ palaver getting the medicine down her, but she doesn’t hold a grudge, bless her. Back to the vets in a weeks time for a follow up check.

So that’s it for today, think I’ll start a new cat blanket, while I watch some tv,
cheerio for now, Ann x

No comments:

Post a Comment