Thursday 23 May 2019

A Busy Bee sort of day

After my gallivanting around Budleigh Salterton and Plymouth in the last two days, it was back to normality today. I had a ‘to do’ list as long as my arm! Washing was on the line by 7.30, the birds were hanging around for their food, but Karma was out and about, so they had to wait until she went in for her 3 hour snooze and the garden was safe for them.

Next was changing over my bedroom curtains, which is no mean feat when you’re a shorty. Even with my useful little step, I was on tip toe! The old curtains will have a trip to the dry cleaners at a later date, ready for the colder month.

I had some bits and pieces to take to our local charity shop. While I was there, I had a little nosey around and found this 100% cashmere cardi for £5!


To be honest the photo doesn’t do it justice. The buttons are little Mother of Pearl types, really pretty. After voting and food shopping, it was back home for lunch...no crab sandwiches today! 

Then this stranger walked in....oh no, it was my hubby! He’s been away working in Switzerland for ten days. He’s still struggling with his back, so I was so glad he’s home. 

The baked goods I’m taking up to Blue Cross tomorrow is a Lemon Drizzle traybake. The drizzle is  soaking in nicely.....




all cut up and ready for tomorrow, there’s enough for a little tin for us too..





My ‘To Do’ list has been completed and all’s good with the world (until tomorrow’s list, haha!)
Hope you’re all having a good evening, cheerio for now, Ann x

2 comments:

  1. The cardigan was a good bargain and grey goes with most things. Your cake looks pretty scrummy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't believe it! They sell some nice clothes, but I've never seen cashmere before. Must admit, I love lemon drizzle but I'm trying to lose weight, so if I have any at all, it'll be a very small slither. Just for quality control, haha.

      Delete