Tuesday 14 May 2019

“The Wonderful Everyday”

Today was my monthly visit to friend of mine who does sports massages. No, I’m not a sportsperson, but she helps keep my dodgy neck, back and knees in good working order and while she’s doing her stuff, we have a good ol’ natter. Her house is close to ....


Now I’m not one of those people who get all dizzy with excitement over Ikea. However, we have bought various bits, including a chaise longue for our office (for him) /reading room (for me) and the quality has always been good. But today, unusually for me, I was just having a mooch around. First though, some sustenance...



Free coffee, thanks to the Family card and the shrimp open sandwich & apple pie only came to a total of £4.75! It was very enjoyable, particularly as the apple pie was a big treat! I didn’t spend a fortune, just bought a few things for myself and my daughter asked me to pick up some glasses. 

Even better while I was out, my son text to say he’d cook tea for us. So the rest of the afternoon was spent doing pottering jobs. Things that need to be done, here there & everywhere! 

This evening I’m feeling the effects of my muscles being worked on, so I’m settling down with some mags, keeping one eye on the footy on the tv. Hoping for some more good weather tomorrow, I really need to get rid of the weeds that have come up between the pavings on the patio. Not my favourite job!

So, wishing you a good evening, cheerio for now, Ann x


4 comments:

  1. I like IKEA because they have so many unique items, especially for the kitchen. DH hates IKEA, he feels like he's in a maze and can never find the exit until we've walked 5Km. There are lots of shortcuts to the exit but you have to watch for them. We go there for supper about once every 6 weeks or so. We always get the meatball dinner and get the 4 extra meatballs and then share it, plus 2 desserts and drinks and it comes to about $15.00 about 8.50 pounds-bargain!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do, Janice. They had some really lovely dinner plates etc. there yesterday, but I was good and resisted buying, haha!
      I saw several people appearing 'lost' as I walked around the shop part, I didn't do the showroom yesterday.
      The cafe is certainly good value and the meatball meal is a favourite of ours!

      Delete
  2. No Ikeas near enough to visit but the thought of getting lost in a giant shop puts me off ever wanting to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Sue. Until I had one on my doorstep and got used to it the layout, I was not eager to bomb up the M5 to Bristol to our nearest one.

      Delete