Monday 13 May 2019

A few days catch up

Well the rhubarb crumble cake had favourable feedback from the Blue Cross peeps, so I shall be baking that one for us at home. I had lots of fun with the cats on Friday, including this bunch of trouble .......


One took a liking to my foot and almost crept up my trouser leg!


The weather at the weekend was lovely here, very sunny with a bit of a breeze. On Saturday, Hubby and I went out for brunch in Topsham, which was quite busy with everyone out enjoying the weather. The rest of the day was very relaxing, more like a Sunday really.

No lie-in on this Sunday, as Karma still needs her meds at 6.30am, half an hour before her food and insulin. Hubby had to go to London for the day and our son was working too. For me it was a day of weeding the garden and feeding the washing machine in the morning, then off to the garden centre for a plant to fill a space in the front garden. I chose another Nepeta (catmint), the flowers are a lovely purple and the bees love it. I will plant it tomorrow. While I was waiting outside my son’s workplace, I was struck by how lucky we are to have such lovely green areas in the middle of the city. Apart from the cathedral green, we also have place like this...



Today, another glorious day, lots of washing billowing on the line. Hubby and I went out for an impromptu lunch at a local pub. He is working away for the next 10 days, so it was nice to have a bit of time before he had to leave. I had a brisk walk to the library (trying to get fitter!) to return a book and pick up two more. They’re a bit random...


We have a birthday in the house today, Karma is 12 and she’s taking it in her stride. I played skittles this evening and we lost abysmally! There’s always next season.

Anyhow, my bed is calling me, I’ll leave you with the birthday girl, thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x


2 comments:

  1. I wish you were closer - I would gladly take 2 of your kittens - alas I fear Scotland is a bit far to travel!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Gillian, the Blue Cross I volunteer in couldn't be any further from you! The nearest Blue Cross to you would be Thirsk, which is still miles from you I think. Two of the kittens have gone to their new homes now, so I see on BX Facebook page :)

      Delete