Wednesday 22 May 2019

Lunch on the Barbican

My son had his day off today, it varies depending on what shifts he’s given. He hadn’t seen my mum for a while, because of his working pattern, so we went down to Plymouth and took her out for lunch. The weather has been glorious today, not a cloud in the sky!

We arrived at Mum’s, had a quick coffee and then made our way down to the Barbican. Parking is usually a nightmare, but we found a space relatively quickly. Lots of boats on the water...


and even more moored up in the Marina




There were some spectacularly large cabin cruisers and catamarans moored up, but they were further away and I couldn’t get a good photo. How the other half live, eh! 

We wandered around a bit, deciding on which restaurant to have our lunch and there were plenty to choose from. We plumped for the Harbour Seafood restaurant, an airy modern place with an extensive fish selection. Mum ordered battered haddock, my son, a trio of Sea Bass, Turbot and Red Gurnard and I decided on another Crab roll with side salad! Yes, I know I had a crab sandwich yesterday, but I have it so rarely :)
This is before I tucked in....

As you can see, we were right by the Marina. There was one small yacht with two middle aged men on board. They reversed out of the mooring, motored to the end of the row of yachts and moored up in the same spot again.......six times! We can only think that one of them was a learner. Eventually they left, who knows where they ended up! 

After our meal, feeling rather fat and full, we went for a walk, to burn off a few calories. It wasn’t a brisk walk, as Mum has arthritis and needs a stick, however she was scooting along! We took Mum home and then made our way back to Exeter. It was a lovely day and a real treat to eat out for no other reason than to enjoy each other’s company.

Thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely day you had. I adore just sitting by a harbour or marina, watching the boats and the goings on, it's one of my favourite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely way to spend an afternoon, isn't it, Sooze. But of course, there is a trade off from having an away day. I've got a list of chores as long as my arm for today, haha

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sun on water and boats pottering about - lovely - and good food too - a perfect way to spend a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Sue. Back the the real world today, though I'm happy with that :)

      Delete