Monday 27 January 2020

A bit of a bargain

I’d like to say that the last few days have been riveting, with lots of exciting news! But I would be telling porky pies, haha!

I enjoyed my day of crafting at my friend’s house on Thursday. No cardmaking for me, I was personalising some ‘pooch party bags’ for a birthday party my daughter is putting on (More of that on another post) But here is a sample of the finished bags. The Bumble bees representing her lovely dog.....



Blue Cross baking for Friday was an iced vanilla traybake, nothing fancy, but it disappeared very quickly nonetheless. It’s been very quiet in the cattery in the past few weeks, but we are expecting some in from another branch during this week. I love finding out what little characters we have in.

On Saturday, we had breakfast at our favourite farm shop and later went to Exeter City. It was a very uninspiring game 0-0 and I got so cold, the damp really ‘got into my bones’ even though I was wrapped up well.

Hubby left for work early on Sunday, so he saw to Karma and I had a bit of a lie-in! But not too much of one, I was at the gym by 8.20. It’s a nice feeling to have the day stretched out in front of you, knowing you’ve already been to the gym. I took a little trip to a country store to get some more bird food, as I wanted to lay on a fab feast for my feathered friends later in the afternoon for the RSPB Birdwatch. I walked in and was amazed by the amount of people in the store! It turns out they were having a flash sale on the clothing, amongst other things. Expensive brand clothing too. The flash sale was 50% off the last marked price. I saw a Barbour fairisle jumper I liked. Barbour is a make I never look at, as it is so expensive. However this jumper, originally £75(!!) had been marked down several times and I ended up paying £16.83 for it!......


Later in the afternoon, I sat down at my dining room table with a coffee and notepad, ready to count the birds for an hour. This year was a strange one. Although I have loads of sparrows in my garden, none ventured in yesterday. But for my hour, I did see starlings, blackbirds, goldfinches, collared doves, magpies, jackdaws, wood pigeons and a couple of herring gulls.

Today, I spent the morning in town with my friend and the afternoon doing my household chores. It’s still cold and damp here and the forecast is for snow on higher ground ie. Dartmoor and icy cold rain here... joy! Hubby won’t be home until about 1 am, so I’m hoping the weather holds off until he gets home.

So I’m off to get my jim jams on in a mo and settle down to watch Foyles War. Thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x

15 comments:

  1. You had a very busy day, Ann. Hope hubby got home before the nasty weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he did thanks, Chris, at about 12.45am. Fortunately the roads he was travelling along were ok :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have had some fun.....well apart from the football match.....brrrr.....not sure I could brave it.

    The bags look fab with all the little doggies stamped on them. The single one is very cute.

    Your jumper was a brilliant buy and I love the colours.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the next home game, I’ll be wearing my fleece lined tights under my jeans, Sheila! That single dog stamp is one of my oldest stamps and I love him. He comes in handy every now and then :) xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute party bags.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. Thankfully my daughter loved them and they will be given out tomorrow :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the customised bags!!

    That jumper is lovely and what a bargain. It's so nice to be in the right place at the right time isn't it.

    Last year I splashed out and bought a Weird Fish t-shirt with a caravan on the front, it cost me £20 (gulp) ... then a few weeks later it was reduced in the sale to half price so I got another in a different colour. Last week I was back at the garden centre concession and they were selling off last Summers clothes reduced to clear, so I picked up two more marked at £6 each, just as I was walking towards the till the concession lady shouted over that they were also now another 10% off advertised price. So they were £5.40 each. I was pretty pleased. I won't have to worry about what to wear when I'm back at the Van now will I :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What brilliant Weird Fish bargains! I love their clothes and have bought so many of the Men’s t shirts as presents. They cover such a wide range of interests, I think everyone in my family has one!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete