Saturday 11 January 2020

That naughty cat of ours!

Yesterday was my Blue Cross volunteer day. As usual, I bring some baked treats with me. I didn’t have any time on Thursday evening to bake, so it was a quick cheats bake in the morning using my trusty Wrights cake mixes I keep in for occasions like this......


So I quickly whipped up some toffee cupcakes, plonked some icing and a white chocolate button on each and made my way to the centre.....


It was a busy day, setting up a lot of empty pens with comfy, thick blanketed beds/scratch posts/toys and playing with kittens......



You have to be very time conscious when playing with kittens, you would be there all day otherwise!
While I was at the centre, I had a text from my hubby with an accompanying photo. I had left 2 plain cupcakes on the worktop, in case he wanted one with a cuppa on his return from playing golf. He had got home, put Karma’s afternoon snack in her food bowl, popped upstairs to his his office for half an hour and came down to this.......


Our diabetic cat had decided to have a dessert after her snack! Naughty puss! She didn’t seem to have any repercussions, but we kept a close eye on her for the rest of the day. Today, she was in a scuffle with a neighbouring tabby cat (who is a bit of a bully to say the least) so she’s feeling a bit sorry for herself. She’s got a couple of marks on her which I shall keep an eye on, as she is prone to abscesses.

I have a few days to myself now. Hubby is away working until Tuesday evening and our son is on another City break with a mate to Milan. So it’s just me and Karma! I have Exeter City this afternoon, but apart from that, things are pretty fluid as to what I’ll be up to. But they will include the gym, decluttering, doing a jigsaw and laundry....and after receiving a text while writing this, helping my daughter with a ‘big shop’ as in her words ‘ you’re good at knowing good things to stock up on, haha!’

So looks like I’m off to have a coffee at Morrison’s! Hope you all have a good weekend, cheerio for now, Ann x



6 comments:

  1. Oh my! Cheeky Karma. Those cakes were obviously too tempting :) I'm glad she didn't suffer any ill effects. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m just glad I didn’t ice these ones, Jules!

      Delete
  2. Oh the cheeky little monkey....lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My daughter brought over some banana bread yesterday. I kept that well hidden...just in case, haha.

      Delete
  3. Son's dog ate a huge chunk of blue cheese while we were eating Christmas dinner. Can't imagine why she chose that, it's such a strong cheese, there was some liver pate on the plate as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! That is a strange thing for a dog to eat!

      Delete