Tuesday 21 January 2020

This and that

A few pics of what has been going on in the last few days......





A vanilla sponge with chocolate filling for the peeps at Blue Cross. We had some sad news in the week, that one of the other Friday volunteers had passed away. The majority of the staff and some volunteers will be going to his funeral and my daughter & another colleague will speaking. He was a lovely man.

We’ve had some very cold icy weather, with a lot of fog on occasion. On Saturday morning, the ice on the windscreen took an age to melt away, even with the air con on. But the patterns of the ice were so pretty!

Sunday, we all did something a bit different, an escape room! Hubby had a voucher given to him for his birthday a couple of years ago! Fortunately it was still valid. We hadn’t done an escape room before, although hubby and I have watched the Crystal Maze many a time and it was very similar. It was great fun, but we were novices and didn’t do very well. We needed a lot of hints, but we worked well together and we all enjoyed ourselves which is the main thing. At one point, the clue was in a  small tunnel linking the rooms. Who went in the tunnel? Yours truly, the oldest member of the party, haha! We built up an appetite and had a lovely lunch at a restaurant on Exeter Quay. It was a fantastic day, lots of memories made.

The past couple of days have been spent doing the normal household chores, going to Aqua, skittles, going to the vet (Karma’s routine diabetic check) and spending an evening at my daughter’s. We do crosswords together, while her dog snoozes.

There are no recipe experiments this week, although I may try something different baking-wise for Blue Cross. Tomorrow, I’m hoping to go to the gym after spending a bit of time dog sitting at my daughter’s. The rest of my afternoon will be spent ironing.

I’m hoping the cold sunny weather will continue, we will see! Hope you all have a good day tomorrow, cheerio for now, Ann x

9 comments:

  1. Your cake looks way better than the one I have just done. I usually produce quite good cakes but this time everything went wrong as you might know because it was for a special occasion.
    Is the escape experience a bit claustrophobic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s always the way with cakes, isn’t it! If you’re in a rush and just plonk it all in they come out fine! No, it’s not claustrophobic really. The 3 rooms were normal sized. It was just the little tunnel, where I punched in a pass number (we had to work out) to open the door at the end of it. I didn’t realise until we had all crawled through, that one of us could have just crawled through and opened a normal door from the other side! Haha!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to read of your sad news. It sounds as though he was a popular volunteer and will be greatly missed.
    The escape room sounds fun but I think I'd much prefer a sit down with a slice of your cake.
    Ironing is on my list for today too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was, Jules, with a very dry sense of humour! It was fun and we earned our meal afterwards :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to read the sad news Ann.

    My Son and Daughter in Law love escape rooms and have done several of them. I'm not sure I would like them but they have great fun. You can get a board game based on them and I am thinking of getting that.

    We were lucky to get a good day for a walk out yesterday but today we are back to grey and cold.

    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s the first time we’ve done one and I did enjoy it, but I’m not a lateral thinker. I was better at the logical number puzzles etc. You’ll have to tell us what you think of the board game, if you get it.
      It’s been really gloomy here too today unfortunately and still quite chilly. Fingers crossed the rain stays away xx

      Delete
  4. I did an escape room in London it was brilliant. I loved it, best of all the females beat the males. We cheered when they came out! Oh the excuses 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, brilliant! I can imagine their faces, seeing you, as they came out 😂

      Delete
  5. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    WhatsApp contact: +27733798090

    ReplyDelete