Wednesday 15 January 2020

A sunny day!

Storm Brendan has blown through and today the sun has made an appearance! Still a chilly wind, but what a nice change. 

I got up at 7am to feed Karma and give her her insulin. Then I very decadently went back to bed and back to sleep until 9.25am! I did feel a lot better for the extra sleep. But then of course, it was a bit of catch up. But I got my chores done and then hubby and I went to the gym. I booked a Bodybalance-flexibility class. Basically a bit of Tai Chi and then some yoga. So he decided to come too now his back is a lot better. I really enjoyed it and as it was only 30 mins long, I did a bit of gym too. Think it was beneficial for hubby too.

After the gym, we popped into Ikea. The other day they had a day bed in the bargain corner which our daughter wanted for her spare room the other day, but she just missed out. However they did say there would be another one coming in, so we checked today, but no luck. So we made do with a free coffee (thanks to the Family and Friends card) and a piece of their apple cake. Well, I had been to the gym!

Today’s evening meal was taken from this little book....


I’ve had it years, but it had been overlooked, being quite a small book. I chose Sausage and Leek Hash.....


This is how it turned out, not too far from the pic....


Have to say, we both really enjoyed it. When our son came back from work this evening, he heated his up and had it with a fried egg which he really enjoyed. So another recipe with a big tick. I’m quite enjoying picking up my recipe books and doing something different a few times a week. Tomorrow is an easy pasta dis, so watch this space.

I’m off to bed now, so thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x

10 comments:

  1. You had a busy, productive day, Ann. Thanks for sharing it with your blog readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m aching a bit today, Chris!

      Delete
    2. iI’m lauriel from New York, United States. I lost my job a few months back after my divorce with my wife. I tried everything positive to make sure I took good care of my kids but all failed, and I was in debt which makes everything worse. I was kicked out of my home and i had to live with my neighbor after pleading with her to allow me to stay with her for some days while I figured out how to get a home which she agreed to, but no one was willing to help anymore. I bumped into this page from google and I was excited about this, then I contacted the hackersBill Dean. I had just $200, so I pleaded with them to help me because of my condition but they never accepted. I believed in this, so I managed to pawn a few things and got $500. I ordered the $10,000 card and I got my card delivered to me by Ups 4 days later. I never believed my eyes! I was excited and upset as well, I managed to withdraw $2000 on the ATM and $2500 the second day. I went to Walmart and a grocery store and bought a couple of things for $3000. The card got blocked the third day and I contacted them and I was told it's a mistake from my end. I’m so happy, I have started all over again and have a good apartment with my kids you can contact him through is via email (globalatmcardhackingservice@gmail.com)or his whatsap contact (+1 301-887-5071) 

      Delete
  2. A bit of sunshine always makes you feel like doing more doesn't it Ann.
    The sausage hash looks very tasty.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, Sheila. Today is hibernating weather here again!

      Delete
  3. I have been thinking of learning Tai Chi it has been researched quite a lot and is thought to be very effective. I like to choose some new recipes every now and again to broaden our list of meals.
    Things sell very quickly in the bargain corner - often if you see it you have to get it there and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re not wrong. daughter’s friend saw the day bed in there early afternoon and text her. By the time she got there straight after work , it had gone!

      Delete
  4. The recipe book looks great, I'm a huge fan of one pot dishes. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m becoming a big fan now, Jules! So much easier for cooking and washing up :)

      Delete
  5. I got my already programmed and blank ATM card to withdraw $5,500 everyday for six months. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $33,000 already. Georg Bednorz Hackers is giving out the cards to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending to have the blank ATM cards. No one gets caught when using the card. get yours from Georg Bednorz Hackers today! Just send an email to georgbednorzhackers@gmail.com or send him a text message/WhatsApp via +1 (262) 355-8285

    ReplyDelete