Thursday 9 January 2020

Today

My friend and I had a good catch up at the garden centre today. A lovely breakfast and a wander in around, looking at the craft, gifts and sales section. I was very restrained and only spent money in the cafe, which is very unusual for me! The heavens opened while we were in there. Are we ever going to have four days in a row without rain?

Today’s evening meal was Simple Roast Chicken & Red Pepper Traybake from The Roasting Tin....


These on tin recipes are great if you’re pushed for time or want low prep. I couldn’t get chicken breasts with skin on, so 10 minutes before end of cooking, I put a bacon medallion on the chicken and served with tiger baguette to soak up the juices....

We spent this evening at our daughter’s new house with my father in law and his partner, as they hadn’t seen it yet. They couldn’t believe how spacious it was. Now that all the furniture is in, it definitely feels like a home now.

Well I’m off to bed now, I didn’t sleep well last night as it was very stormy. Cheerio for now, Ann x

10 comments:

  1. There are still bargains to be had out there in most of the shops. I try not to look and just go and grab what I went into the shop for - but it is a challenge!
    I think they do a vegetarian roasting tin book but I have not seen it yet in our library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do, it’s a green book. I had a quick flick through it in Waterstones and it looked very good. Perhaps you can order it into your library, if it’s in the catalogue?

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious. What a useful cookbook - I must keep my eyes open for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are quite a few lovely recipes in it. :)

      Delete
  3. I do love a wander round a garden centre. Ours is quite nice as it has a craft shop where I can buy crafting materials. A tad expensive but then it saves going in to Derby to Hobbycraft.

    Oh yummy....I think I am going to start coming down to you for my tea and leave Andy to his burgers...lol.

    Hope you slept well.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it might be a bit of a way to come, Sheila! Yes, I slept much better thank you (thanks to some Vicks)

      Delete
  4. Love cooking in one pan/tray. It just makes things simple and easy. I'm staying away from shops now because I don't need anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to say apart from some January birthday presents, I’m not buying either!

      Delete
  5. Another book on my wish list, I see pinch of nom has a website, not sure if the recipes are the same as the book. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I must check out the website and see what’s on it :)

      Delete