Monday 2 March 2020

This weekend

Firstly, just to say the Mocha loaf cake was a success. So that recipe will be stashed away with other ‘torn out of magazines’ tried and tested recipes.

Saturday morning and surprise, surprise, it was raining!...


I drove over to my daughter’s house and we ( & Bumble) wandered down to the Cranberry Farm for coffee and cake. Although it is a pub, they have lovely cakes for the ‘coffee and cake’ deal. It’s a new build pub, done in an olde worlde way and I love the place. The food is delicious, the staff are lovely and it doesn’t really feel like just a pub. They even offer free fruit as one of your 5 a day....




 We settled in the comfy chairs, at the library end and enjoyed our blueberry muffins, while Bumble took it easy with her antler chew...


My son popped out too, to see his sister and enjoy a mocha.
The weather had cleared up by the time we had left, albeit very windy. A quick stroll back to her house and my car and it was sleeting! Brrrr! Very chilly too.

Back home for about an hour, to put a few more layers on and pack my bag to watch Exeter City. A bag full of sweets, sheepskin gloves and a bobble hat. I was glad of everything, I can tell you!  By the full time whistle, I was ready to get back to a nice warm house. Despite having sheepskin lined boots on, my tootsies were like ice. Back home, my son cooked some delicious steaks for us and his girlfriend, which was a treat. Hubby got home from work mid evening and we caught up with a few  Richard Osman’s House of Games.

Sunday brought the sun, at times. Our daughter sent us a pic of Bumble taking in the rays......



We (me, hubby, son and his girlfriend) went to the gym. Not for any exertion at all, but to go to the spa bit. Hubby and I get a monthly free pass for one person each. It will be our daughter’s turn next time. So there was a bit of jacuzzi, eucalyptus steam room and hot stone bed. Very relaxing and good for the old muscles, haha! We also had lunch there too. I was good(ish) and had chicken Caesar salad, which is ones of my favourites.

All good things come to an end and when we got home, it was back to sorting the washing and feeding the washing machine. A quiet evening with tv and doing the sudoku.

Today is normal chores, Aqua at the gym and prepping the cauliflower cheese for dinner tonight. It been pretty sunny here today, although a little bit chilly. I have skittles tonight and we don’t start our game until 9pm, so hopefully it won’t be too cold!

Right, I’m off to resume the ironing, cheerio for now, Ann x



13 comments:

  1. Here in South Hampshire we have had another sunny dry day, washing on line almost dried, and it does not feel as cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s lovely to see the sunshine, isn’t it! My car was partially iced up, when I came out of skittles last night. Still cold here, but as long as the sun out, I’m not worried :)

      Delete
  2. We had sunshine here today, not so much yesterday and the sun feels so lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really lifts your spirits, doesn’t it! I can’t wait for the ground to be dry enough to do some work in the garden :)

      Delete
  3. I love Bumble's face as he is soaking up the sun. I would love to go for a spa day - even just a relaxing massage would be good - it will be my first treat when I recieve my state pension in only 3 months time (not that I am counting)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bumble loves the warmth of the sun, haha! I can see you ticking the days off on your calendar to your pension......and treats. :)

      Delete
  4. Not too shabby a way to spend a weekend :) The pub looks like a lovely place to rest a while and enjoy a coffee and chat. A pleasant change from the noisy coffee shops. It's also nice to see a bit of sunshine and Bumble especially appears to be enjoying it.
    I also enjoy watching Richard Osman's House of Games. Something a little different and certainly gets my brain working harder. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pub is only a short walk from my daughter’s and we’ve gone there several times for coffee and cake, so Bumble knows the place well now. They’re so welcoming of dogs too, which is lovely. My hubby and I are quite competitive when is comes to Richard Osman’s House of Games. Like you say, it is so different:)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete