Monday 30 March 2020

The weekend and ‘Essential’ business

We had some lovely sunny weather at the weekend, but the wind was bloomin’ freezing! The three of us went on our daily exercise walk in the afternoon. We came across a few people, also on their daily walk and several families on cycle rides, but everyone was very sensible and kept their distance. When we got home, with the cobwebs definitely blown away, I noticed my little blossom tree in bloom, it lifted my heart.....

Once we got home hubby and our son took part in a virtual football quiz. When I suggested it and their enthusiasm didn’t exactly overflow, but they actually really enjoyed it!  The rest of the day was spent catching up with family (and Bumble) on FaceTime.....



and knitting, reading and watching The Kingsman together.

Sunday, I cooked Roast Beef. I just wanted a ‘normal’ Sunday. So it was roast for lunch and salmon/cucumber sandwiches and scones with jam and cream for Sunday tea. I made the scones from here......


They didn’t turn out too badly, but I think I over kneaded. I gave myself a B- could do better.....

Today, there was the PE with Joe Wicks in the morning, pegged the washing out (blowing a hooley!),  followed by an hour of ironing.

After lunch I got ready to go out. I had a blood donating appointment. I wasn’t sure if it would go ahead, but they quite rightly said blood is always needed and it was classed as ‘Essential’ business. Quite a few people didn’t turn up, so the queue went down quite quickly to get to the door to the venue, at our 2m distances. I was a little apprehensive about going, but I know they wouldn’t take any chances and nor did I. I took my own full water bottles and snacks for afterwards.

The venue for giving blood was on the same road as the farm shop I go to, so I carried on up the road to pick up a few essentials. By the time I got home, it was time to get the evening meal on, a second helping of roast beef. Tonight, hubby and I are catching up on Peaky Blinders, one of our programmes we’ve had recorded for some time.

Hope you all have a lovely evening, cheerio for now, Ann x

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely Sunday tea, just perfect. Those scones look good (but you have the jam and cream the wrong way round ;-) hahaha!).

    oh and thank you, we bought Betty an antler this morning and it kept her occupied for an hour. It will last her for ages. We have bought them before, ages ago, but had completely forgotten about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, haha, you do scones the Cornish way? I need to ration myself with the cream though, I could eat a tub of clotted cream!

      Delete
  2. Oh, ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป well done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป you for donating blood.
    I wish I could but I had a “thing” a few years ago which means I cannot.

    Your scones look fabulous - Sooze is right {grin}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m hoping by this time next year, I’ll get my 50 donations badge, as long as I’m healthy at donation times etc.

      There’s only two scones left in the tin and they’ll only go stale if they’re not eaten, haha!

      Delete
  3. I got two seasons of "Peaky Blinders " from the library and managed to stomach the gory parts. It's surprisingly addictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is quite gory at times, but in context with the storyline and oh so addictive. Hubby and I have been to the Black Country museum in Dudley, Birmingham where some of the Peaky Blinder scenes were filmed ( a lot of the canal scenes) It’s really interesting :)

      Delete
  4. Salmon and cucumber sandwiches, how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don’t have them that often, so a real treat, especially for Sunday tea. :)

      Delete
  5. Those scones look delicious!! My mom made really good scones too. I googled the National Trust scone recipes and they have several free recipes. I'll have to try them. Good for you for donating blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I’ll make the cheese scones next, I’m very partial to one of those!

      Delete
  6. Ha I notice you are a cream then jam girl, whereas the scones I have just made are jam then cream - I am sure you have it the correct way round! Whichever way they are a lovely treat. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha., I noticed you did jam and cream the other way round ( the Cornish way) I’m in the minority on here I think, but as long as we all enjoy them, who cares! :)

      Delete
  7. Your scones look scrumptious!!

    Good for you on donating blood.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete