Thursday 27 February 2020

Mousetrap and other bits and bobs

It’s been a busy few days since my last post. I did have my lazy day though, on Saturday, as planned.

My Sundays are generally busier than Saturdays anyway. I sort the family’s washing and feed the washing machine constantly until it’s all washed and dried. I don’t have a tumble dryer, so in this weather it is a bit of a challenge! Hubby and I managed to fit a gym session in. I had also taken an enormous leg of lamb out of the freezer, so our daughter, plus Bumble, came over for a roast.

On Monday, my friend and I met up and went to Newton Abbot. We stopped on the way, at one of our favourite ‘breakfasting’ places before resuming our journey. Newton Abbot is a market town in Devon and we have been visiting for years now. But in recent times, it’s started to look a bit ‘down at heel’. If it wasn’t for the independent department store, Austins and a Hobbycraft shop, just outside of Newton Abbot,  I don’t think we’d bother. There has been talk of a regeneration of the town, but as always is the case at the moment, the council is cash-strapped.

Tuesday was a very nice day (not weatherwise obviously, haha!) I went to the hairdressers, popped into The Range to look at crafting bits, returned home and  tackled some of the ironing mountain. Then late afternoon, hubby and I drove through the wind, rain and sleet to Plymouth to see......


As soon as we returned from London and Witness for the Prosecution, hubby searched to see if there still any tickets for Mousetrap. We were lucky to get some cancellation ones in the stalls!  We stopped by Mum’s for a short visit and then made our way into town and had a lovely meal at Bella Italia, just around the corner from the Theatre Royal. The play was absolutely brilliant and I definitely recommend going to see it! A twist at the end too, as always with Agatha Christie.

Yesterday was a day of chores, along with a gym session, Bodybalance-flexibility. Hubby came along too, so we were both tying ourselves up in knots! I had planned on what we were having for dinner,but our daughter rang to say, did we want to meet her at the Cranberry Farm pub for dinner. She wanted to tell us all about her and Bumble’s day with the Blue Cross media team. They’re doing a feature on Bumble and her bucket list! We had a lovely meal, while she told us everything they had been up to, Bumble lay down on the floor....snoring!

Today, I got the housework chores out of the way and enjoyed a rather energetic Aquafit session. The music used for Aqua is always varied, Elvis, Stormzy, Ed Sheeran, the Weather Girls, Queen, to name but a few. I treated myself to a cappucino (skinny and decaf) afterwards, while I wrote my shopping list.

Blue Cross baking today is a new recipe, Mocha Loaf cake. It was a recipe I tore out of a Waitrose weekend paper. So I shall have to wait for the critics tomorrow to see what they think of it (there will be cocoa sprinkled on one the icing is completely cool).....


We’ve had lovely weather today, but it’s not to last. But enjoy it while it’s here, eh? The Pulmonaria, or Soldiers and Sailors as I call them, are starting to make an appearance in the front garden. Soon it’ll be awash with pink and purple!...




Well I’d better be off now to prep dinner. We’re having Chicken and Leeks in Blue Cheese sauce from Pinch of Nom, which we were going to have yesterday. Another new recipe, so we’ll see how it goes! I’ll let you know next time, so thanks for popping in, cheerio for now, Ann x

13 comments:

  1. The Pulmonaria looks lovely. I have seen it in gardens but never knew the name. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a very thrifty plant too, as it self seeds. I’ve dug up countless new plants (when they’ve become too many for my little front garden) potted them up and taken them up to Blue Cross to sell :)

      Delete
  2. I have never known it as Soldiers and Sailors before! I love trying out new recipes and have a stack beside me here waiting for a try out. Hope the cake tasted as good as it looks. Would have loved the Agatha Christie play - missed it here - I think nit came to Leeds or Manchester. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to have plenty of time when trying a new recipe, just so I can do it strictly by the book (or torn out bit of newspaper in the cake’s case!) Its worth keeping an eye out for other Mousetrap venues, as after Plymouth, I think it was going to Yeovil, which is a far smaller place :)

      Delete
  3. You are such a busy lady Ann. I love reading about what you are up to.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit hectic at times, Sheila, which is why I love the odd ‘home alone’ Saturday. Have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete
  4. I was just thinking the same as Sheila, you are always so busy and the time you spend at the gym puts me to shame. The cake looks so good, I'll be interested to read the verdict :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve always avoided the gym, Jules, but In August last year at a check-up, my blood pressure was at the high end of normal and I was overweight ( and unfit, if I’m honest) So I joined a gym with lots of different classes and eat sensibly, but incorporate treats. We’ll see in the next month or so, if bp has crept down a bit and doc says I’m ok with no meds. I do enjoy the gym though, which has surprised me! The cake got a thumbs up too! :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely part of the country you live in, Ann. We holiday in Devon every year at least once. We've staying in both the North and South and visited many places throughout for many years, but the fishing town of Brixham is my favourite and we've stayed there many times. I'm a keen cake maker (taste over presentation - I don't do very fancy) and love the sound of the mocha cake. I also go to the gym - a ladies gym for the over 40s....not quite as often as I should, but at least once a week (in my head I go three times).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, Eloise, I do love my home county and also my neighbouring Cornwall too! Brixham is a lovely town and hubby & I have had many a day trip there. Regarding cakes, I think I’m in the taste over presentation category generally, haha! I love the ‘in my head I go three times’ gym visits :)

      Delete
  6. You have been busy. I hope the cake tastes as good as it looks.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been a bit busy recently, Jackie and time flies! I did have a small slice of the mocha cake and I’ll definitely make it again :)

      Delete
  7. Are you in a financial crisis, looking for money to start your own business or to pay your bills?
    GET YOUR BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE*
    We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers
    worldwide,Tho card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 and up to $50,000
    spending limit in stores and unlimited on POS.

    YOU CAN ALSO MAKE BINARY INVESTMENTS WITH LITTLE AS $500 AND GET $10,000 JUST IN SEVEN DAYS

    **WHAT WE OFFER**

    *1)WESTERN UNION TRANSFERS/MONEY GRAM TRANSFER*
    *2)BANKS LOGINS*
    *3)BANKS TRANSFERS*
    *4)CRYPTO CURRENCY MINNING*
    *5)BUYING OF GIFT CARDS*
    *6)LOADING OF ACCOUNTS*
    *7)WALMART TRANSFERS*
    *8)BITCOIN INVESTMENTS*
    *9)REMOVING OF NAME FROM DEBIT RECORD AND CRIMINAL RECORD*
    *10)BANK HACKING*
    **email blankatmmasterusa@gmail.com *
    **you can also call or whatsapp us Contact us today for more enlightenment *
    *+1(539) 888-2243*
    **BEWARE OF SCAMMERS AND FAKE HACKERS IMPERSONATING US BUT THEY ARE NOT
    FROM *
    *US CONTACT US ONLY VIA THIS CONTACT **
    *WE ARE REAL AND LEGIT...........

    2020 FUNDS/FORGET ABOUT GETTING A LOAN..*

    IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND TRUSTED

    ReplyDelete