Wednesday 19 February 2020

Saying goodbye to a fellow volunteer

Yesterday, about 14 of us from the Blue Cross paid our last respects to a wonderful volunteer. S was a Friday volunteer, who worked on reception and took phone calls. He had an amazing dry sense of humour and everyone loved him. It was a great shock to hear he had passed away, as no one knew he was ill, but by all accounts, his illness escalated very quickly. The funeral was held in the village where S lived and reminded me of the one in Vicar of Dibley. The small church was packed to the rafters with mourners, including his two beloved dogs. There were several eulogies read, including one from my daughter and her Blue Cross colleague. They both did so well, as it is a difficult thing to do, especially being two young ladies. I was so proud that they dug deep and managed to read their piece so well.  The wake was in the Parish Village hall and we were made very welcome.

Other things that have been going on in the last couple of days. I made a trip down to Plymouth to visit my mum, who hasn’t been so well. She was bright enough in herself and is waiting for various test results to come back and for some more appointments to come through.

I’ve been to Aqua two days running and I’m now feeling a bit achy! Still no pain no gain, haha!

Today is a morning of ironing while I wait for the window cleaner to come and then a trip into town. I haven’t been in for a couple of weeks and need to get my son’s girlfriend a 21st birthday present. A slow cooker of all things! I might treat myself to coffee while I’m in there.

This evening I just relaxing. The last two evenings I have been out to skittles and Aqua, so I’m putting my feet up tonight! Hubby and I will probably catch up on a Silent Witness.

 Well, my ironing board is calling me, so cheerio for now, Ann x

10 comments:

  1. What a sad day for you all.

    Our window cleaner is coming today.....weather permitting.
    We went into town yesterday. It was very quiet. I expect that could have something to do with flooding although the road we took was fine.

    Happy Ironing....lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your windows are sparkling now, like mine, Sheila, haha! Town was very quiet here, too, which was surprising as it is half term.

      I enjoyed my ironing, while watching Father Brown! xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds as though S was well loved by many. I'm sure he will be greatly missed by friends and colleagues alike.
    The weather here is still miserable, so I've made a start on some spring cleaning. The pan cupboard is pristine! :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was. Fridays at the Blue Cross are no longer the same.
      It’s been a bit drier here today, but still very dull. You’re doing what I should be doing, Jules! Perhaps spring cleaning will start here next week :) x

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your friend - when someone is ill so suddenly it makes it harder. Glad it all went well.
    I did a pile of ironing at the weekend and already it is building up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess to actually liking ironing, but even so, my basket is very rarely completely empty!

      Delete
  4. So sad about your friend but lovely that he was so well liked and had a good send off. I hope your mum feels better soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I spoke to her last night and she was feeling a bit better :)

      Delete
  5. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    WhatsApp contact: +27733798090

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. contact cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com.. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    WhatsApp contact: +27733798090

    ReplyDelete