Wednesday 3 July 2019

Where has this week gone?

I can’t believe it’s almost a week since my last post! Not sure why, other than I just feel  a bit ‘out of sorts’. I’ve been worrying about my blood pressure, as it was high during a routine check at the docs. I have to go back in a month, but in the meantime take it twice a day at home and surprise, surprise, it’s normal (or sometimes slightly elevated) at home, nothing like the reading at the docs. Anyway, it’s just made me a bit anxious, so I’ve just been plodding along this week.

However it has made me aware, just how unfit I am, in a cardio sort of way. I can garden for hours and lift all sorts, but not jog or cycle much. So on Monday, I decided to walk to Dunelm. I only needed a silicone mould, very light to carry. To drive, it’s a bit around the houses, but I can walk almost as the crow flies.

Half an hour walk there, very humid and undulating lanes, I arrived, only to find there was no silicone bakeware there! It seems they no longer stock any. So, in my head, I had a little tantrum and began the walk home again!

On the way home, I took some photos of how things change. When we first moved to our house nearly 26 years ago, the lane I was now walking along was the main road to the A30, before bigger roads took us a different route. This is it now......
Nature has taken it back......









It eventually opens up to part of the lane which is still used, but still rural. Lots of office workers from the companies nearby go for a stroll here during their lunch hours.....



Hundreds of houses have already been built here in the last year or so, who buys all of them? And they’re still building.....



But in my little lane, it still feels like when we first moved here...






I must walk along there more. An hour of walking was very enjoyable (despite not being able to buy my shopping) and the fact it is hilly at times was ideal for fitness.

It’s been very hot here in Devon, lots of watering the plants, early morning ironing and Wimbledon! Hubby has been away again this week, so it’s been just me and our son. He’s home tomorrow night, which will be lovely.

Two year eye test for me tomorrow morning and then a visit to a garden centre to stock up on bird food, my, they’re gannets! Even the little Goldfinch sized ‘Gannets’, haha!

So, sorry for the absence, I’ve given myself a C- and a ‘could do better’, thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x

6 comments:

  1. How lovely that the main road is now diverted and has become more of a lane once again. It was quite pleasant here today managed to get all the washing and most of the ironing done for our packng.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the building going on, it's lovely to have lanes like this :)

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have a little rural lane yet still be able to walk to a big store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Sue. I should walk there more really, but more often than not, the shopping I have to get is too big/heavy to carry.

      Delete
  3. I also need to get fitter. Your walk to Dunelm looks lovely. It's a shame they didn't have what you wanted in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I improvised in the end and found I can probably do with out the silicone mould! Saved my pennies :)

    ReplyDelete