Wednesday 17 July 2019

Vintage Car Show and Gym

If you don’t like cars, this probably isn’t the post for you, but how can you resist a peek at some of these gorgeous cars with so much character!

Last Saturday my hubby, son & I went to the Crashbox Historic Vehicle Show at Powderham Castle. We got there at lunchtime and arrived starving, so first stop was to one of the various food tents. An enormous hog roast bap, which set me up for the afternoon.

There were thousands of cars. I scampered from one to the other, peering inside a lot of them. My hubby & son sauntered after me, they’re not so into cars, but I really appreciated them coming with me. My Dad and I shared a love of cars and when I found out about the long-standing show summer 2016,  I thought it would be a lovely to take my Dad to it. Sadly a bit later he was diagnosed with cancer and passed away December 2016. This year I felt ready to go there and I’m so glad I did!

It was great to see the same model cars that were drive by Dad......

This model Austin was my Dad’s first car, he drove down to Penzance from Plymouth with out knowing where reverse was!!


Mum and Dad had one of these Hillman Imps in the early 60s....



Fast forward to the 70s and they had the saloon version of this Ford Cortina in this Daytona Yellow....

There was a vintage Fiat 500, so tiny compared to my Fiat 500.....


Then there were the cars I love, Morris Minors and Travellers.....





VW Camper vans....




Some other random models which took my fancy...





And some American cars, certainly not made for our narrow lanes....





It was a lovely day and I enjoyed myself, but I came home feeling a bit sad, Dad would’ve so loved it too.

Next subject., the gym. After years of avoiding gyms with a barge pole, I have joined one in my quest to get fitter. My hubby has joined too, to build his fitness back up to help his back. So we will do certain fitness classes together and our own things in the actual gym and swimming pool. There is also a spa too, so I can relax in the jacuzzi or hot stone bed after all that exertion!! I’ve managed to lose half a stone through eating sensibly, so it will be interesting what happens when exercise is put into the mix. But to be honest I really want to feel a lot fitter.

So that’s the exciting bits I’ve been up to, in between the normal day to day chores. Until next time, cheerio for now, Ann x

2 comments:

  1. I love old cars. My husband had a 1964 Hillman Minx in the 1980s when we were first going out together. We still miss it after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely Debbie, they are great cars. My Dad had a Hillman Super Minx (not sure what the difference is between the two) back in the day. I have photos of most of his cars in a little album. You do miss them, as a lot if cars these days have no 'character'

      Delete