Monday 22 July 2019

The weekend

So, after the Collared Dove casualty on Friday,  I tiptoed into the garage on Saturday morning to see if it was still with us. It looked quite bright considering. But seeing it’s injuries, there was no way I could care for it and it was likely to get infections.

 So after a couple of telephone calls, hubby and I were bombing up the M5, with cat box containing said bird on my lap. Our destination was RSPCA West Hatch in Taunton. They have a wildlife section. The staff were brilliant and whisked the bird away for antibiotics etc. They did say it would need a very long time with them before it would be able to be released. They also thanked us for making the journey, but I felt it was the least we could do, as it was our bloomin’ cat that did the damage!

So it was back down the M5 to home again. We decided to go to the gym and use the pool and spa. Just what we needed after our little trip.  The rest of the day I just pottered about, cleaned out the cat box, did some food shopping and watched a lot of the Open golf. I also kept a very beady eye on Karma’s whereabouts!

I spent Sunday morning feeding the washing machine and ironing. We had quite an early lunch, as we both had a PT instructor booked at the gym. I felt a bit apprehensive, being a overnight 55year old woman, but our instructor is also a friend of our son’s and he is lovely. We targeted my leg muscles this time. I used muscles that I haven’t used in years! So I’ve now got sets of exercises on the equipment I can do at any time.

After showering there, we went straight to a 30th birthday party. Lots of catching up with friends, lots of delicious buffet (well, we had been to the gym!) and a little cider. It was a lovely afternoon, most of it was outdoors and the weather was back to being sunny. Back home in the evening, we watched the rest of the Open. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and felt very relaxed.

What will this week bring? Well, one thing I know is a certainty. Lots of dirty washing..... our son is back from holiday today, haha!

Cheerio for now, Ann x


4 comments:

  1. I do hope that with some TLC (and strong antibiotics) The dove will make a good recovery. It will at least have the best chance.
    I admire your gym attendance. I have tried in the past but it's something I cannot seem get on board with, although it must be great to have the benefit of a personal trainer. I hope your legs have since recovered :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Must admit, Jules, I've always steered clear of gyms, but this one has lots of different types of classes too, so it's not just treadmills etc. We've got one more PT next Sunday, then were on our own! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete