Thursday 29 October 2020

Thursday baking

 So the boys and girls of the Blue Cross are going to be guinea pigs tomorrow, as I tried out a new recipe today, from a book I hadn’t looked at for ages. The cupcakes are called Apple Streusel cupcakes. The recipe was a little strange. I had to mix apple sauce with bicarbonate of soda which resulted in a bowl of apple fluffy stuff. A great bit of chemistry! The cupcakes have come out like they should, so I’ll find out tomorrow if they get a thumbs up. (I have put two back for hubby and son, so they don’t feel left out, haha) 









Cheerio for now, Ann x



12 comments:

  1. Oh, they look yummy! I'm sure they will get a big "thumbs-up".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! They are used to trying out my new bakes :)

      Delete
  2. The cupcakes look wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcakes will go down a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Can you please post the recipe.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I couldn’t put a photo up on the recipe page, due to copyright, however this bbc good food link is exactly the same. The only difference is they refer to raw sugar (what is that?) and I used Demerara.

      https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/138666/recipe/apple-streusel-cupcakes

      Happy baking!

      Delete
  5. Is the top slightly crunchie, they do look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it is, just crunchie enough to be different from the actual cupcake :)

      Delete