Wednesday 28 October 2020

My Sea Fix

 






In between my chores today, I escaped to the seaside for an hour, to get some much needed sea air. I pootled off to Budleigh, parked up on the hill and went for a little walk. The sea was fairly choppy ( but nothing like the Cornish coast has experienced today!) So the cobwebs were blown away well and truly, as  I crunched along the pebbles. I also treated myself to a bag of Pear Drops from the proper old fashioned sweet shop close to the beach....lovely!  Then it was back to the car and home to make shepherds pie, feeling refreshed x

9 comments:

  1. Oh, to be that close to the sea! We have the lake but it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never forget how lucky I am to only have a short drive to a number of beaches. I imagine the lake is a soothing place, whereas who knows what the sea will be like!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos! Nothing like a walk by the sea to blow away the cobwebs. (I tried to leave a comment on your autumn leaves photos but every time I pressed publish, it disappeared).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh sorry, I see it came through now!!

      Delete
    2. It’s the best place for a walk, Mrs LH, although I am partial to the moors too :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds perfect medicine, I love to walk along our local coast line, but not as dramatic as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I take it for granted how dramatic our coastline is, as if you move down the coastline to Cornwall, it’s even more so.

      Delete
  4. I can walk to the sea from home but we aren't as near the edge as the house in your photo! A walk by the sea is very restorative but there are just too many people around here at the moment as it's half-term so ironically we tend to go inland for our walks. Hopefully the grockles, as I think they are called in your area, will all go home soon feeling reinvigorated and ready to face the months ahead. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the reasons I went to Budleigh. The other beaches would’ve been far busier with Grockles, as you rightly said. I hope they do feel more relaxed when they go home, it just a shame the weather wasn’t up to much for them.

      Delete