Monday 26 October 2020

Catch up from not so sunny Devon

 Hello everyone! I’ve left doing a post for a few weeks, as there hasn’t been much to report, so to speak. Does anyone else feel that the weeks are blurring into each other at the moment, in a mundane sort of way? It’s not that I was whizzing around, doing fabulously exciting things before coronavirus and I am going out and about (in a safe way) now, but just feel life is bumbling along. Perhaps I need another sea fix. Just to sit there and watch the waves roll in with a good dose of sea air does wonders. 

Anyway, my last visit to the coast was last week, when my friend and I went for our weekly dog walk. We went to Exmouth, as we often do. No dog restrictions now on the beach, but the tide was in and it was quite rough, being so windy......




 So, some of the walk was along the pavement and some on the safer parts of the beach. At the far end, the sea was spraying up on to the pavement, so we retreated to the cafe for hot chocolates and a bacon baguettes. 

I have been up in the loft again to declutter a bit more and found this......


A drawing by my daughter, age 5. Even at that young age, her love of dogs showed. Her castle has a little kennel outside! 

Now as an adult,  she has her own dog, Bumble, who has been recently thinking, ‘does my bum look big in this?’


I treated myself to some flowers to cheer myself up. I do love fresh flowers in the living room....



Blue Cross baking is continuing. The last two weeks they have been partaking in a coffee cake..


and Lemon and Poppy Seed Drizzle cake...


There aren’t loads of cats in the centre at the moment, as we are fortunate to have some lovely foster carers. So the cats can stay in an home environment, while awaiting their forever home. But here are a couple of puss cats that I had the pleasure of meeting on Friday. This cuddly boy, who curled up in my arms.......


and this gorgeous boy was getting braver by the minute and enjoyed an ear tickle or two...


They are both now in foster, so who knows who I will meet this week! 

So that’s me up to date! I’m going to try something different and see how it goes. I’m going to try a post a pic (and perhaps a comment) every day, in a way for my own benefit of finding a positive of each day, as there is so much doom and gloom about. So watch this space! 

Sorry if I’ve droned on a bit, but thank you for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x




17 comments:

  1. Days do blurr into each other, spending too much time at home, but the feeling of being safe is good. I love the rough sea, it reminds me how small I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you’re right and I do feel so thankful we do feel safe. I could watch the sea forever, no matter what mood Mother Nature is in :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are presently leading such restricted lives, aren't we, that it's difficult to find interesting things to blog about. Short walks with very little travel leads to a shortage of photos; who wants to see the same old, same old every day? On the odd occasion I've driven to the sea or to a lovely area, only to find it's packed with tourists who have come down to Cornwall to avoid the urban crowds. And then not using masks or distancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I tend to go to the same old places where I feel safe, so unless something unusual happens, photo opportunities are limited. I must try to look beyond the obvious. I’ve really missed Cornwall this year. We normally pop down the A30 several times in the year to our neighbouring county.

      Delete
  4. Your "post-a-pic" sounds like a great motivator. I just might try it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness knows what you’re going to get, haha!

      Delete
  5. The days and weeks do definitely blur into each other.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos of the sea in Exmouth. We usually come to Devon or Cornwall at least once a year but sadly not this year. We've just had a couple of day trips to the east coast, a couple of hours from home. I'm desperate for a proper holiday!! Bumble in her pumpkin costume looks so gorgeous - I'm pleased that she's doing so well. I think your photo a day is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did day trips this year instead of our planned week away. Normally we just go down to Cornwall, it’s like a second home to me, as I used to have relatives living there. But this year we were going to stay in Hastings Old Town for a week (I’m a great Foyles War fan!) We’ve deferred it until next year, so at least it’s all booked and paid for already!
      Bumble is still doing very well and looks like she’ll still be with us for this Christmas, which is something the vets didn’t think would happen.

      Delete
  7. It does indeed feel as if the days are merging into one another and feels even more strange for not being able to make plans for the weeks and months ahead.
    We're on our half-term here this week, but as it's so wet we're really limited as to what we can do.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your daily pictures. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it’s the planning ahead, isn’t it Jules! I’m quite an organised, plan-ahead person, so feel a bit lost. It’s half term here too and I do feel for parents of school age children at the moment, in all respects of life. I’m looking forward to the pics too, it could be quite random! :))

      Delete
  8. I've arrived here from Sue in Suffolk's blog and hope you don't mind if I comment - when doing so for the first time I always feel like I'm butting in on a private conversation! We have visited Devon every year, more or less, since 1985, usually staying near Woolacombe but often taking the train from Barnstaple to Exmouth if the weather looked better down there! Your post brought back lots of memories and reminders of what we have missed out on this year! Fortunately we live in another great area of the country near to sea, moors and lots of footpaths but nowhere as good for cycling as the Tarka trail! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re very welcome here, Vicki! It’s a very dismal Devon here today. Not sure where you are, but as you live near sea & moors, l agree we are both very lucky. Do you know, I’ve never done the Tara Trail! Hopefully you’ll be able to get your Devon fix next year :)

      Delete
  9. I do love being near the sea. As long as I'm dressed appropriately I done mind the wind and sea spray from autumn and winter tides. Those cakes look delish and Bumble looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! There’s nothing better than a bracing walk along the sea shore in the autumn/winter. Not sure what to bake this week, I think there will be a little light reading of recipes later on :)

      Delete