Thursday 8 August 2019

Topsham Quay and some cardmaking

Since Monday, my days have been fairly quiet, what with ordinary housework and a couple of visits to the gym. However I needed to pop down to Topsham to get my milk from the zero waste shop. I parked up at the Quay car park and before popping into a friend’s shop to say hello, I thought I’d wander about the quay.

Back in the day, Topsham was a thriving port, so the quayside is quite broad and still is home to a large warehouse building, which sells antique goods on about 4 floors. I love having a good old mooch about. They sell absolutely all sorts.

I didn’t realise until I got out of the car just how windy it was. It was blowing a hooley! Still, I had a bit of a walk and took a few photos......



There were lots of smaller yachts moored up, nothing too big, this time. I must find out what the wrecked boat used to be. It’s been there as long as I can remember. I didn’t stay on the Quay for too long, as it was a bit gusty and chilly.

A steaming cup of coffee and a plate of creamy scrambled eggs were enjoyed whilst I had a natter with my friend, Liz and then I went on to my shopping.

Today it was my normal weekly meet-up with my friend, Wendy. As the forecast wasn’t great, we decided that we would have a day of crafting. So I drove over to her house, stopping on route to get the obligatory cakes, haha.

We put the world to rights while we’re card making, stopping for coffee and cakes and later some of Wendy’s homemade carrot and coriander soup, delicious! The cards I made, I will put into my hairdressers to sell. I only charge £1 a card and I then use the money to buy a some treats for the Blue Cross animals. Topper cards are easy to make, but I enjoy deciding which papers will coordinate etc..
.

The next lot of cards I make will be for family and I think I’ll be using stamps and ProMarker pens to make larger birthday cards.

The rain has now arrived and it feels quite autumnal. It got dark quite early this evening. I should be thinking about baking some treats to take to the Blue Cross tomorrow, but I think I’ll get up early in the morning instead. I intend to curl up in my chair and read some magazines until bedtime,
so cheerio for now, Ann x

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice day. Your cards are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie, hopefully my haidresser's customers will like them!

      Delete
  2. We really like that antique place at Topsham, husband fell in love with a gorgeous red leather captain's chair in there whilst we were on holiday, but we wouldn't have been able to fit in the car with all our luggage and the dog and her cage! (just as well, really). I love seeing other people's cards, yours are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could spend hours in there looking at everything! What a shame you couldn't transport the chair back. You never know it might still be there.....
      Thanks for the compliment on my cards, I suppose I'll be thinking about making Christmas ones soon!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely way to spend your day and I'm sure your pretty cards will sell quickly. It's a great way to raise funds. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, it's always a nice relaxing day when we're crafting.
      If they all sell, I'll get some cat treats and training treats for the dogs. X

      Delete