Sunday 11 August 2019

Home Alone weekend

No, not like the film! Not that I've ever seen it.
Hubby has been working away in London all weekend. My son & a friend were going to Boardmasters festival in Newquay. But as it was cancelled due to the weather, they went up to London in hubby's car instead. They booked a last minute hotel, went to a footy match and 'out on the town' and will come back this evening with hubby.

So it was just me and Karma all weekend.

Yesterday, I had a rather lazy day, as did Karma (but nothing new there for her!) To say it was windy, would be an understatement! I ventured out relatively early in the morning, to get a few bits of shopping and intended to stay in and watch the racing at Ascot, listen to Exeter City's game on the radio and generally chill out....which I did for a while. Then I got a text from my daughter. Did I want to go over to her house and see what she had made? It all sounded very intriguing!  A ten minute car journey and I was there. She had bought an old bookcase from the Hospisecare shop for £3 and had upcycled it, painting it grey. It looked very good, particularly as it was the first time she had done anything like that. She has the upcycling bug now!

We had a natter, a cuppa and completed a few in her crossword book and I returned home in time to give Karma her tea and insulin. I spent the evening watching a documentary about Princess Margaret and her decadent life before catching up with a Midsomer Murder.

Today was bright and sunny when I got up at 7, but has gradually deteriorated. Still, I was at the gym for a 10am Dance Fit class. A different instructor today with a different routine. It was hard work! Not just the physicality of it all, but trying to get the steps right! I won't be on Strictly any time soon, haha!

I had a brunch at the gym, before going to the supermarket to pick up a few bits for my son's lunch tomorrow, otherwise being hungry, I would’ve bought up the shop! All the washing has been sorted and I'll be feeding the machine for the rest of the day. Hubby & son won’t be home late tonight.

Tomorrow, hubby and I will be leaving home earlyish, to make our way to Birmingham, as he is having a second epidural for his back problems. His appointment isn't until late afternoon, so we are going to visit the Black Country Living museum. I've wanted to go for a while and it made sense to tie it all in together. Hopefully I'll manage to get a few pics!

This load of washing has finished, so I'm off to refill the machine. I'll leave you will a vibrant rainbow, we had the pleasure of yesterday evening.

Thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x


4 comments:

  1. Always makes me smile how the rainbow seems to have darker clouds on the upside of it and brighter underneath....it's like the rainbow is holding back the clouds :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never noticed that before, Sooze. I'll be looking at every rainbow now :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to have a lazy day, I have had one today, I have just been out taking pictures of the rainbow we have here. Upcycling saves so much money, well done your daughter.Enjoy the musuem we went last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she might have the bug now! We'll be going up the M5 shortly, can't wait to see the museum:)

    ReplyDelete