Saturday 31 August 2019

This past very busy and slightly expensive week.

I can’t  believe how quickly this week has passed!

Living where we do, we don’t go anywhere far on August Bank Holiday weekend. The M5 and A30 are not a million miles away from us, so anyone coming down on holiday (or home) generally have to use one of these highways. As the weather was so lovely, we stayed in the garden. I did pop over to the gym on Saturday morning and hubby & I went over on Sunday, to sit out by the pool for a while.

Monday, I pottered in the garden until I got too hot! We heard from our son who was coming back from Reading festival. It took him two and a half hours to get out of the car park! He eventually got home at 3.30 in the afternoon, very smelly and a beard covered in glitter! Straight into the shower he went, haha. Hubby did a barbecue in the evening, which was lovely and very relaxing to be sat out in the evening sun.

Our daughter had a few days off, so Tuesday, we had planned to use our monthly guest gym passes for her and our son. But I had a call from her early in the morning to say she had done something in the night to her neck and she couldn’t move it without a lot of pain. I wondered if the lady who does my sports massages had any free slots and as luck would have it, she had one in the afternoon. So I treated my daughter to the massage, in the hope she could at least enjoy the spa part of the gym. It worked! It loosened up the muscle spasm. So the four of us lounged around in the jacuzzi, sauna and on the hot stone beds, followed by a nice meal in the cafe/restaurant (not really sure what it’s classed as!)

Wednesday morning,  I actually had my own monthly massage. Normally there is some part of me that needs a bit of work, but since going to the gym, I’m definitely less creaky! In the afternoon, my daughter picked me up and we drove to Honiton to meet my stepmum for coffee and cake in a great cafe and gift shop called The Little Shop of Seasons. They had only just changed their shop to Autumn the day before....


The cafe does the most wonderful cakes, however I was good and just had a cheese scone........and then a piece of chocolate brownie, ooops! We then wandered around the gift shop and I bought a few little mini pumpkins, acorns and cones to hang on a little tree, to put on the mantlepiece at Halloween.

In my last post, I said that hubby and I had visited a car dealer. Well, on Thursday morning, we went down to pick up my new car. (I feel very fortunate to be able to buy a different car, but this was only possible because my hubby nagged me several months ago to see if I had any PPI due back to me. It turned out I did and helped with this purchase)  I’ve got a Vauxhall Adam, a great little car which I hope will last for a very long time! It looks exactly like this one.....
In the afternoon, my daughter and I went to the cinema to watch Dora the Explorer and the Lost City of Gold. We used to watch the animated children’s programme when she was little. The film was with real people and was actual quite good. A bit like an Indiana Jones version of Dora the Explorer. Weirdly, most of the people in the cinema were adults, only a few children.

Yesterday was Blue Cross day. With all my gallivanting on Thursday, I didn’t have time for baking, so they had doughnuts bought for them instead. We have had a very busy kitten season this year. At the moment there are some very, very young ones who have to be hand reared by the staff and fed every two hours. They take turns to take them home and feed them through the night. Their love and commitment to these animals is phenomenal.

Today, hubby left for work early in the morning, so I had a bit of a lie in. I just popped over to the supermarket for a few bits and pieces. There was a massive cloudburst, just prior to leaving the house, but thankfully was all over by the time I came out of the supermarket (It saved me having to water the garden tonight)
I went to watch Exeter City this afternoon.  We won 1-0, but it wasn’t a good game. Still, it’s result which counts!

Tomorrow, I have Dance Fit at the gym in the morning and the rest of the day, I shall catch up on things, as housework has taken a back seat this past week. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, cheerio for now, Ann x

14 comments:

  1. I could do with a massage at the moment - I am feeling awfully creaky. Lovely car - hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it. I can't believe I am seeing Halloween things in the shops already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend having one, if you can find a good one who is reasonable.
      It is strange seeing Halloween in the shops, as it's only September tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. That café looks lovely - as does your new car, gorgeous colour. Yes, it seems too soon for Halloween, as Viv mentions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Sooze, you should see the cakes. One slice would be about 600 calories! They put photos of them on Facebook most days, just to make you drool. It's a lovely independent little shop, so I guess that the autumn stuff is quite short lived before the window display and shop contents change to Christmas/winter.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. To be honest Sue, so am I! It was lovely week, but I'm looking forward to a bit of normality now :)

      Delete
  4. The cafe looks wonderful. It is starting to feel a little autumnal in the evenings and mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Their food is always really nice and they do some lovely gift ideas in the shop. Lovely & sunny this morning, but chilly.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ann yes I can remember what the roads are like down your way. That little shop sounds lovely. Have fun in your new car.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot quieter on the roads now. I might even take the car for a run to the beach this week :)

      Delete
  6. Ann, your life sounds very like mine - lots of physical activity and not too much time for housework or gardening! Massages are so good, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Ive been on housework catch-up this week, haha! I need to spend a couple of afternoons out in the garden soon too. The weeds have been liking the alternating rain and sun too much! Yes, my massages keep my aches and pains at bay.....mostly.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete