Friday 7 June 2019

Peonies

It’s only been in the last couple of years, that I’ve discovered and fallen in love with peonies. In the garden I love all flowers that attract the wildlife, I don’t have a favourite. Throughout the year, I have cut flowers in the house most weeks, whatever is in season and doesn’t cost the earth.
But in June ( especially for my Marie Curie Tea party ) peonies are in the house. I love old fashioned blooms and they compliment the vintage china. I normally buy them from Aldi at a very reasonable price.
So I bought myself a peony plant about a month ago. I haven’t potted it up into its large pot yet, but it has given me my very first home grown peony. I’m so excited! We are forecast stormy weather with thunderstorms, so I have cut it and put it in pride of place on the mantelpiece....




Not having grown them before, I’m not sure how many blooms I will get in the first year. If anybody knows, I’m all ears! 

Just a bit about today. Awful weather, baked an orange and fruit cake for the BX peeps and when I got there, I had to play with these little guys.......



Life is hard sometimes isn’t it? 

And now hubby and I are going to settle down and watch Lewis. So have a lovely evening, cheerio for now, Ann x

7 comments:

  1. You have the best job at the BX!!
    No doubt those gorgeous kittens will be snapped up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I do! Yes, they will. I'm pretty sure there is a kitten waiting list.

      Delete
  2. Peonies are beautiful flowers. I hope you get plenty of blooms from yours.
    What a hard time you must have had at Blue Cross. 🐱 It must have been a temptation to take one home. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping once it's put into a nice big container, the blooms will be aplenty, Jules.
      I wouldn't trust Karma with a kitten, unfortunately, as much as I'd love one!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely "job" you have with those kittens!

    I have a white peony, here when we came. Never been able to grow them before. Brought some in to enjoy at close up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have, they're real time wasters, Sue!
      A white peony, that must be a beautiful bloom. If I had a larger garden, I would plant in the ground, but as I also want to grow some veggies, mine will be in a big pot :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete