Wednesday 5 June 2019

Flitting here and there

Today has been a day of getting bits and pieces done. I’ve been on the go all day, but doesn’t seem I have much to show for it! But I got the ironing out of the way at 7.30 this morning and also pegged out some bedding to dry at that time too. Hubby had to go to Loughborough until tomorrow evening and managed thankfully to get a comfy position to drive and not hinder his back too much.

I took a bag to the charity shop and had a mooch around, but no bargains for me today. Then straight into town to buy a couple of birthday presents and treat myself to a coffee and panini in the Waterstones cafe. A bit of shopping in the supermarket on the way home and back to a few chores, whilst keeping half an eye on Sky News, who were at the D Day commemorations.

Hubby text me to say he had arrived ok and his back wasn’t too bad in the car. He had his scan results yesterday. Everyone he had seen said they thought it was a bulging disc. The scan showed he has four bulging discs! No wonder he’s been in so much pain, poor love! He’s now waiting for a call to have an epidural.

I’ve decided I’m going to have a relaxing evening, sifting through some magazines and also decide what I’m going to bake for BX this week. I’ll leave you with a photo of our feathery friends having their tea yesterday evening. I was a little late in putting out the mealworms, due to Karma sunbathing in the garden.

Cheerio for now, Ann x




2 comments:

  1. I hope your hubby gets his epidural asap! Nothing worse than back pain. I can't keep up with the mealworms - they disappear within minutes - all the birds devour them. I'm buying a large bag weekly at present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed it won't be too long for him. Yes, I spend a fortune on mealworms and also sunflower hearts! The Goldfinches go through a hanging feeder every couple of days. But it is lovely to see them :)

      Delete