Friday 17 April 2020

Another week in paradise.....

Ok, not paradise, but a very sunny south west! Nothing hugely exciting has happened here, probably as in most places, but my days have been pretty busy. With the weather being so lovely, and blowy at times, washing has been taking hardly any time to dry on the line..........



 I’ve been taking advantage and washed all the throws in my living room. I have quite a few, much to hubby’s disgust. But apart from being cosy, they cover up a multitude of sins on our sofa and chairs. When I went out in the garden to pick in the dry throws, I spotted Karma hiding in a box I had put on the garden path.......


 It wasn’t quite the reason I brought the box out, but it was fun watching her hiding and stalking flies! We often get another feline visiting our garden. A gorgeous tabby called Teddy who lives two doors up. He is a Blue Cross rescue and I remember playing with him and his kitten siblings when volunteering. Unfortunately Teddy has gone missing. Our neighbour/friend and her daughter are so upset. He’s been gone three days now and despite everyone checking their sheds/garages, various Facebook posts and advising all local vets, there has been no sign of him. We’re all praying he’ll turn up soon. It was his 1st birthday two days ago and he’s such a lovely chap.

I haven’t baked any cakes this week, but our rhubarb is growing nicely, so I made a large rhubarb crumble and a smaller apple one for my son who doesn’t like rhubarb.......



Having no access to a hairdresser hasn’t been too much of a problem for me, but my son was missing his regular visit to his, so asked me to cut his hair (gulp!) He has it clippered in various gradients called a fade. Well, I did my best! It was a bit of a challenge knowing where his beard finished and his hair started, haha! So he helped me out there. He only wanted the sides done, thankfully, but I don’t think it turned out too badly (this was taken early the next morning, so excuse me in the background).........


We’ve been taking an evening walk mostly. Sometimes just my son and I, but when there are the three of us, they need to take a football with them (?!?) Boys!......



Today the weather has changed and we have heavy rain, the first since lockdown. I’ve just done PE with Joe Wicks and am about to go up into the loft to take another container of ‘stuff’ to sort through. I’m doing a bag/container a day. Apart from that, it will be a pottering sort of day today, along with baking a cake of some kind.

We have at least another three weeks of lockdown, so I hope you are all ok and thank you for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x

9 comments:

  1. You've done a good job. My daughter's partner had to try to do his own fade, made a mess of it and has had to shave all his hair off - his hair was much shorter than your son's though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scarlet. Your poor son, but at least it grows back again! :)

      Delete
  2. You’ve done a great job with your son’s hair. I’m glad mine is long so I just have to trim the ends. It would be a proper mess otherwise.
    I really hope Teddy turns up soon. Cats can be such a worry. I was awake early this morning and because I hadn’t heard Mog arrive home last night I began to worry. There was no need for my concern, however, as I discovered her fast asleep at the bottom of Lily’s bed. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, I just glad he was happy with it! Although mine is short, I’m quite happy with it longer on top. It’s just the back which is a bit untidy, but I can’t see that, haha! I’m glad you found Mog had crept into Lily’s room. I’ve heard of cats that pitch up days & days after they have gone missing. I just hoping my neighbour’ s cat does the same xx

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, those crumbles look gorgeous. Lucky you with the rain, please send some up here. The edge of the Lake District usually referred to as WET Cumbria (not weSt) has had no rain for four weeks . . .

    Ignoring hair problems - I trim my fringe every now and again when it’s bothering me, and the rest can get as long as it likes. Hoping Teddy turns up - I don’t think I could cope with the worry of a cat wandering away from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the rain has passed, it lasted 3/4 day, but at least we’ve had some. Hope you get some soon :)

      Delete
  4. Great work on the haircut. You are very brave.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, I won’t be so nervous if there is a next time :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete