Saturday 4 April 2020

Keeping myself occupied

This is a photo heavy post. My days have the usual cooking meals, washing, ironing, other housework and PE with Joe Wicks. But writing every day just about them, would be a very boring blog indeed. There’s been a few times that I’ve felt quite anxious about the current situation and that’s when I’ve made a concerted effort to put my big girls pants on and be creative or productive.

I love baking and miss my weekly bakes for the Blue Cross, so I made a chocolate and vanilla traybake this week......



Yesterday, I took my exercise as a walk through the lanes where I live. There’s a LOT of new builds now, but thankfully we still have some lanes. The birds were singing away, particularly a very tiny one perched on a wire. He had a huge set of lungs on him!.......



The hedgerows are starting to look beautiful........













I wonder who lives in there?....

I finished the cot blanket I was knitting for the baby bank..........

I’ve now made all my Easter cards and have really enjoyed ‘playing’ with my stamps.......




I’m hoping to spend time in the garden this weekend, read some cookery books, bake and read. Hope you have a safe and sunny weekend, cheerio for now, Ann x

13 comments:

  1. Wow Ann, I do love your cards. You put me to shame, I only ever manage to make a couple at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they took me a while, Sooze. I started one afternoon and kept everything out on the dining table until the following morning. It was chaos! :))

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and great cards. I'm watching everything springing into life while out walking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you’re stood alone, in a lane, with the birds singing their hearts out and see the hedgerows bursting into life, you can almost forget anything is wrong in the world!

      Delete
  3. The blanket and cards are lovely, you are very talented, Ann.
    It's great we can still get out for a walk. Spring is still springing and it's so uplifting to see. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know about that, Jules, but thank you! Fingers crossed we will still be allowed to go out for a walk. I had a conversation with a squirrel today, it was very one sided! :))

      Delete
  4. Beautiful blanket and I love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Janice. I’m starting incubator sized blankets next for the neo natal dept, where my daughter’s friend works :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are lovely. I love the baby blanket. What is that pattern?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, the pattern is a basket pattern, using multiples of 5 stitches in the case :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing your walk, sadly - new builds everywhere. Perhaps when things settle down and we can return to a ‘normal’ life there will be an opportunity to re-evaluate what we have been doing to the countryside.
    I should add a caveat that I think ‘normal’ is not likely to be whatever it was pre-Covid - there will be too much economic damage to recover from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jayne, I think when this is over, the normal will be very different. Economically, very difficult, but I’m hoping that there will be some good coming out of it too. Communities continuing to look after each other and people realising how important our green spaces are now we’ve been deprived of it, barring a hour a day.

      Delete
  8. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. contact cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com.. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete