Monday 30 December 2019

Post Christmas

Christmas is over for another year. After all the build up, it goes in a flash! We had a quiet Christmas Day, just me, hubby, our son and my mum. We normally go out for lunch on Christmas Day, but our daughter had to work, so I cooked and she came to us later to have her Christmas meal.

On Boxing Day morning, I took Mum over to my daughter’s new house, so she could give her Grandma a tour of the place. My Mum was surprised how big the house was, being a new build. Exeter City were playing in the afternoon, so Mum went over to my elderly neighbour for a right old chinwag while I was at the game.

On Friday Mum and I went out for breakfast to Greendale farm shop and had a browse. I had Blue Cross, as normal, and Mum came with me, as my volunteer apprentice, haha! She enjoyed herself but found it quite tiring, after all she is 81! But it gave her an insight as to what goes on day to day in animal rescue.

Saturday, it was time to take her home to Plymouth. But before we hit the M5, I took her to Ikea, as she mentioned she hadn’t been to one before. Breakfast and a wander around the showroom, then down to Plymouth. I unpacked her bags from the car, made sure everything was ok and made my way  back up the A38/M5.

We have Mum for Christmas every other year (she’ll be with my brother next year) and it’s lovely having Mum up with us, but I was shattered when I got home! So I curled up on the settee and watched the horse racing.

Yesterday and today have been very quiet, just a bit of shopping and feeding the washing machine. Whilst out at Morrison’s today, I noticed this beautiful tree, just as you come out of the store. Absolutely laden with berries, the birds will be grateful for it when the cold weather comes.....



Tomorrow, I will pop into town to get a few bits and pieces. No sales shopping for me, as I don’t need anything. Hubby is dog sitting at my daughter’s house and waiting for her washing machine to be delivered. Things are coming together in her house now.

In the evening, we will be going to our friends’ house in Topsham to see the New Year in. Shortly after midnight, we will go home, as hubby has to leave for work in the morning at 6.30!

I’ll be glad to see the back of this year if I’m honest. One of my best friends passed away in January, hubby’s 4 prolapsed discs started in February ( various treatments throughout the year), hubby’s best friend was diagnosed with cancer and my daughter’s relationship broke up. But the positives are hubby’s back is almost better ( a bit of discomfort at times),and after a huge op,  hubby’s best friend is doing very well, my daughter has bought a house of her own (shared ownership) and adopted a dog.

Whatever you have planned for tomorrow evening, I hope you have a lovely time. See you in the New Year, cheerio for now, Ann x



17 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you, I hope it's better than 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A happy new year to you too! I’m sure it will be. I will make sure we make lots of good happy memories :)

      Delete
  2. I hope 2020 is a better year for you. Think positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I sure it will be :) I always try and see a positive slant in most situations, you have to, don’t you!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year. May it be filled with good health, wealth, and much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staying in with hubby watching Graham Norton. Out for lunch on Wednesday with daughter, hubby and their sons at daughters MIL's house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and all your family! (Having read your year summary, George will be the most loving, gorgeous little boy!) Enjoy your lunch today :)

      Delete
  6. All the best for the New Year.
    Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And all the very best to you, Marlene! x

      Delete
  7. I'll be glad to see the back of 2019 too Ann but I am full of hope for 2020.

    Wishing you a wonderful new year.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, Sheila! Hope it’s fab for both of us :) xx

      Delete
  8. Happy and healthy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, and to you and yours! :)

      Delete
  9. A Happy New Year, Ann. I hope 2020 is kinder to you and your family. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jules! I hope you and Lily have a wonderful 2020 too xx

      Delete