Monday 14 September 2020

I’m still here!

 I’ve been bloomin’ rubbish at blogging since lockdown!  It’s over a month since I last posted anything. I’ve been taking photos, thinking I’ll post about that and that’s as far as it has got! I’ve not read blogs and have been on very little other social media. Just feeling a bit bleugh about things. 

Coronavirus is always at the back of my mind. I’ve been out and about quite a bit, but mainly in the open. We did go out for a couple of meals during the Eat Out to Help Out and the tables were always very well spaced out. I think if it were just hubby and I, I wouldn't be quite so anxious, but having a 21 year old in the house changes the dynamic, (even though he’s sensible, he does have a social life).  Hubby is back to working away from the home about once a week and has to do weekly Coronavirus tests. 

So, I’m going to pull up my big girl pants (again!) and work at chilling out a bit more. Soon, I will do part one of a catch up blog, full of photos about the things I’ve been up to and part two will follow. There’s probably too much for one post. Tomorrow, I am meeting up with my friend for our weekly walk (with her dog, Bruce) and ‘putting the world to rights’. This week we’re going to Exmouth beach, as the tides are right for a change. We’ll finish off with coffee and cake from a lovely little takeaway cafe and sit on the sea wall.

So, thank you for stopping by and I’ll pop a post on very soon, cheerio for now, Ann x 



12 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back, Ann...have a lovely time at exmouth, one of our favourite beaches. It does sometimes feel like life is never going to be normal again, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze! My friend’s dog, Bruce loves the beach and the tide times haven’t been kind to us for several weeks, so it’ll be lovely to be back there. Yes, it does and I don’t think it’s going to be for some time unfortunately. But we’re lucky where we live, aren’t we. There are so many lovely outdoor places :)

      Delete
  2. Great to hear from you again, Ann. Things are much the same here although I have yet to eat out. So bored with my own cooking! We have had take out a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris, we’ve only been out a few times, but it’s been a real treat. I was trawling my recipe books last night for inspiration, haha.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are OK Ann. I was in the shielding group so haven't really risked going out anywhere yet, although I have been seeing more of my children and grandchildren which has been lovely. I t does sometimes seem as though things will never be back to how they were and it does get to you.
    Have a lovely time at Exmouth. It is lovely there isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 🙂 I’m glad you’ve been able to see your children and grandchildren more, Debbie. It’ll take a while, I reckon, but as long as we get there :)

      Delete
  4. I wondered what had happened to you. Glad to see you back.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to see a post from you, Ann. Coffee and cake with a friend sounds good to me. Hope you're feeling much less bleugh very soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coffee and cake on the sea wall sounds wonderful. It does seem never ending. Somehow I thought when the virus began, that t would all be over by summers end. I am hoping for a last outing to our lake with some fish and chips before winter. We have gone to eat out with another couple we know well- but outside-- we haven't wanted to eat in. We have a long winter here, so I've decided I better get some projects ready-I've bought wool for a simple poncho knit, some books etc and a history reading project. For me stepping out the door for a walk helps me feel at peace with the world. I'm fortunate too that I can visit grand children about once a week which gives me a lot of pleasure. Good wishes. Jean/Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jean! I think there is going to be a lot of peaks and troughs with this virus unfortunately. Your outing on the lake sounds a lovely thing to be looking forward to. Obviously our winters are very different to yours, they seem to have been very wet the last few years! Whilst I like a good walk along a beach in the rain (as long as I’m wrapped up nice and dry!) I always have lots of hobbies to do during the wintertime too. It’s also lovely that you can visit your grandchildren regularly :)

      Delete