Wednesday 16 September 2020

Catch up part one - domestic stuff and volunteering

 During my absence here, I was called up by the Blue across and allowed to come back to volunteering on a Friday. There was plethora of online paperwork to do with COVID before I returned, but to be honest is common sense. It was strange going back after such a break, particularly as I was the first and only volunteer for a few weeks. Of course, Blue Cross Fridays means Baking Thursdays! They’ve had freshly baked scones with jam and cream and a request for warm sausage rolls for a change. Here are a couple of the goodies, Toffee Cupcakes and a rather chocolatey cake! 



It was lovely to spend time with the cats again. Tigger was a lovely big ginger boy and so cuddly! Well, they are all adorable really......






The garden has been doing well and I’m just ripening up the last of the tomatoes. It was a bumper year for me this year....



My sunflowers were beautiful too. I grew 3 this year, not the mahoosive ones, these were about 6ft tall. The bees loved them!... 




I haven’t been the only baker in the house in recent times. Hubby tried his hand at Millionaires shortbread and Lemon Drizzle cake. They were both delicious and made their way around the golf course too. A little sustenance for his golfing buddies...



One of the things I find very relaxing, is jigsaws. I know they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, but I find them very absorbing. They stop my mind being overactive. My daughter bought us the Peaky Blinders one ( we really enjoy this tv series) and the Allotment Shed was a present a few years ago, which I hadn’t got round to doing......



So that’s part of what I’ve been up to at home in the last month, as well as continuing regular Joe Wicks workouts, gardening, knitting etc. Part two will be some of our days out we’ve enjoyed while hubby had his annual leave. 

Thanks for popping by, cheerio for now, Ann x

12 comments:

  1. Love all the cat photos, Ann. Trying not to look too hard at the cake photos! It must have been lovely to get the request to go back to the Blue Cross, I bet you'd missed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to get back to BX, Sooze and nice to treat the staff to cake once a week. It’s been a very difficult time for them, so nice to boost morale a bit :)

      Delete
  2. I love millionaire cake. It's the salt sweetness, it really hits the spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s my son’s favourite too! I must say it was scrummy, but very rich :)

      Delete
  3. What beautiful looking cats you have at the Blue Cross. I wouldn't be able to resist taking them home with me. That chocolate cake looks gorgeous, I bet it went down very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely, aren’t they! Fortunately ( or unfortunately) our cat, Karma, hates all other cats, so I have to leave them all behind. I have to say the chocolate cake didn’t last long, haha :)

      Delete
  4. Yummy baking! Your co-workers (and hubby's golf buddies)are very lucky. I love jigsaw puzzles too but have done mine so often I am taking a break from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It amazes me that they have time to scoff cake, while playing golf, but somehow they manage it, haha. I’ve got a pile of new jigsaws in a cupboard that I’ve had for presents at different times, so I’m making my way through them, along with my other hobbies.

      Delete
  5. The cat photos are wonderful. We decided after having to put down our 21 year old cat that we would not get another, so seeing these beautiful animals made me very happy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My, your cat lived to a lovely long age, but nevertheless it’s still very sad when you have to say goodbye. A good selection of cats are always popping up on here, Jackie :)

      Delete
  6. A slice of the chocolate cake please ;) The sunflowers all look fabulous and the heads appear huge, those bees must have had a field day.
    Oh, the faces on those kitties. I wish I could take them all home. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son couldn’t believe the number of bees on the sunflowers! Weirdly they seem to have transplanted a couple of petals into the middle of the one of the flowers.
      It’s the cats’ eyes that get me, they’re like gem stones :)

      Delete